SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So I see your project can be accomplished over the summer?

Idk if I missed it, but are you doing all the work yourself or someone from member will be helping?

Slava, I am hoping so, it comes down to funds(as always), but things are looking good, that I should be able to get the parts over the summer and then get started in the late summer/early fall, which is fine, as November is my latest deadline. I actually think I could have everything I need by August.

Right now, it's looking like I will have to take it to a shop, but I am still hopeful that it can be a DIY project.

turbo_911

Reaction score
That's nice. Yes funds are always an issue. I just got and internship myself, and very happy because it is payed and can't wait till I graduate this September. I've been in college for way too long.

I wish I knew something about doing swap, and could of helped you with DIY. Hopefully shop won't charge too much. I would try to do everything that I can myself and let the shop do the rest.

Chris (RredRyder) was lucky to drive to (forgot guys name that did his swap).

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That is awesome about the internship, congrats.

I spoke with 3 shops, and they all quoted me $800-$1000, and I would be bringing all the parts.

The price is reasonable, but obviously, I would like to put that money towards other things with the car(or house for that matter).

There are a number of local people that have the knowledge, it's more a matter of time in their schedules.

Also, it doesn't help that we have to get most of our parts from the US if we want a good deal on things.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

VERY unfortunate, because there are a number of things that I would have been interested in.

So, Derek......this thing's gonna be the Bee's Knees when it's done, yeah?

:coffee:

Not sure, actually. I have my plans for it, but we'll see if it actually meets the potential that it does on paper.

I do have some unofficial plans that may or may not come to fruition, but should they...then yes, bee's knees status would be achieved.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Chris (RredRyder) was lucky to drive to (forgot guys name that did his swap).

Richie. Owns RV6 Performance in Chicago.

Yep. I feel very lucky I could go to the godfather of the 6spd/J-swap for mine. It was either him or Paul, and he was closer and offered me some deals.

I wasn’t going to attempt it myself or try to have some shop figure it out, so if it weren’t for my luck I wouldn’t have my swap now.

I wouldn’t buy any of that kid’s stuff, personally. He doesn’t know how to take care of anything, thrashed the car in limp mode, and beat the crap out of it when it was working right. Poor CL tranny.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Slava, it includes assembly, but my plan is to have everything done so that it is just basically a plug and play job for them.

Back