SykVSyx - and so it begins....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So what all will be happening with the engine?

A case of TL:/DR, Chris Boogie?? lol

Aside from the list of stuff on the first page, just port matching.

Old engine/tranny will be pulled and I will get a cool $100 for it.....what a joke.

I have to pull the headers/hoses off the old engine, as well as the pulleys to use on the new engine.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
TL:/DR? :thinking:

100 smackers eh. I'd think you could scrap those and get more money for em, but then you'd have to transport them somewhere. I got $200 for my engine/tranny assembly. I think they were worth more but I just wanted them gone and get some kind of return on them so I took it.

What exactly happens during port matching? And what is its purpose?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
TL:/DR? :thinking:

100 smackers eh. I'd think you could scrap those and get more money for em, but then you'd have to transport them somewhere. I got $200 for my engine/tranny assembly. I think they were worth more but I just wanted them gone and get some kind of return on them so I took it.

What exactly happens during port matching? And what is its purpose?

You didn't read through the "Forum Abbreviation Thread"

TL:/DR = Too Long, Didn't Read

I probably could, but I don't want to go through the hassle of having to take them anywhere. Not sure if the place I got my engine/tranny from will come pick them up, I am hoping they will, it will make things that much easier for me.

Port matching opens up all the ports to increase overall output.

So, I will be port matching the Intake Manifold, Intake Manifold Spacer, Heads and Headers to increase the numbers that this engine puts out.

In addition to that, the larger throttle body(76mm) compared to the stock one(~68mm) combined with the 4" CAI should squeeze out some HP as well.

I am upgrading the injectors to RDX ones, and putting in a 255LPH fuel pump to help with the fuel. I am not upgrading the fuel lines right now, that can be done if/when I decide to get a S/C.

There are some miscellaneous things I need to get like gaskets for the exhaust, I am still considering the high flow cat as well.

Really, just trying to do everything I can to get the most out of my N/A build.

Last but not least, I have the Greddy Emanage for tuning.

Last edited:

Jefe02

Reaction score
Nice man I am looking forward to progress and pics. Are you using the blox 76mm TB? Ive been thinking about upgrading to the j37 IM but I wouldn't want to use the stock TB if I went that route. I know halabeaster has this setup but he wasnt to helpful when I tried to get info from him. How much is involved in using the blox TB?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice man I am looking forward to progress and pics. Are you using the blox 76mm TB? Ive been thinking about upgrading to the j37 IM but I wouldn't want to use the stock TB if I went that route. I know halabeaster has this setup but he wasnt to helpful when I tried to get info from him. How much is involved in using the blox TB?

Yes, I plan to go with the Blox one.

There is a thread on j32a.com about it(Naturally Aspirated, Show me Your Custom Throttle Body Setup), and there are a couple of helpful links as far as what is needed to custom mount the TB. There is a plate that Don from RPM Systems made.

Jefe02

Reaction score
Nice that looks promising. I bet I could get some nice gains with that setup with a 4" CAI, rdx injectors and a tune.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Paul, NVA-AV6, said the Blox TB's can be iffy, but I would still take a chance with it. I would be more concerned if I was tracking and/or boosting the car.

The link in the same Throttle Body Setup thread to V6P shows some gains with the 4" SRI, and everyone seems to be in agreement that a 4" CAI would provide even more gains.

Andy(gerzand) has the 4" CAI now, but hasn't dyno'd the car yet with it, but he had mentiloned the 'butt dyno' showed gains with that upgrade.

I am looking to get the parts from Summit Racing, just need to make sure I get the right lengths/bends for the CAI.

Last edited:

Jefe02

Reaction score
What do you mean by iffy? Are you making your own plate for the iacv or having one made for you?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think he meant that they have issues, but he didn't specify what exactly. Shoot him a pm and see if he can specify. I am not too worried about it, I would still go with it. I haven't read on the other Forum of anyoen having problems with theirs so far.

I would get that adaptor plate made.

Jefe02

Reaction score
Nice, would you be having Don from RPM make it for you or someone else? LMK if you figure out the bends for the CAI because I would be interested in that as well?

Back