t23v02 n00b t00n32

ActNow

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA, your car looks real clean:thumbup:

When you are ready to sell your spoiler, their are a ton of members looking for a spoiler, trust me it will sell fast!

trevendous03

Reaction score
I completely take back what I said, those will look great. Very nice!

thanks hahaha it's alright, no need to take back what was said. I read through posts quickly too.

The retros are used, but they should look fantastic. They're in really good shape and have been resealed. Once I get OEM hid, I'm putting them in asap. :)

I got a set of OEM hids you could buy off of me :)

pm me, brother.

nope.

you take the oem ones off, place the mounting pieces there, and put the oem ones back on over the mounting pieces.

well the problem is the mounting piece for the NRG strut bar looks like this...
strutTitaniumFlat.jpg

God...im so envious of ur coupe....... :boink:

thanks, yours is very clean though as well. just seems like you need to drop her more. :) i've learned a lot from V6P. I used to have springs and shocks. blah.

Welcome to 6GA, your car looks real clean:thumbup:

When you are ready to sell your spoiler, their are a ton of members looking for a spoiler, trust me it will sell fast!

thanks, yeah it's a rarity these days. I might not sell it ever though, cause I might switch back to it, who knows if I'll like the car even without it. my friend says keep it.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
thanks, yours is very clean though as well. just seems like you need to drop her more. :) i've learned a lot from V6P. I used to have springs and shocks. blah.

hahhaa...thanks....coilovers are coming this summer and rear lip

but dman that is one sick coupe....jus cant help myself....

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I'd have to assume that you'll need to remove the OEM strut braces permanently in order to install the NRG strut bar Trevor. Every V6 accord I've seen has had those strut braces, so I'm not sure if it's an 01-02 V6 feature or a 98-02 V6 feature, but either way the braces aren't compatible with some of the aftermarket strut bars.

So either lose the OEM braces, or sell the NRG bar & get a Cusco strut bar that will compliment the OEM braces...similar to Dre's setup with the TL-s bar:

2921953108_48e78c4c67_o.jpg

alex_d10

Reaction score
Haha you finally joined up, nice. Your car was my inspiration :p I just got the 01-02 bumper conversion with OEM fogs and the exact same lipkit as yours. Getting that stuff painted soon :)

NINaudio

Reaction score
thanks, yeah it's a rarity these days. I might not sell it ever though, cause I might switch back to it, who knows if I'll like the car even without it. my friend says keep it.

Welcome to the forums. I say keep it too. I much prefer the coupes with the spoiler than without

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
As far as the strut bar and firewall braces go (which were on all 6th gens to my knowledge [my 99 I4 has them as well]) I think you could find a nice thick washer or two. Install the strut bar over the firewall braces and then slide in the washers under the last hole. It's worth a try at least before you sell the bar and lose some money. If you do sell... I may be interest :D

trevendous03

Reaction score
I'd have to assume that you'll need to remove the OEM strut braces permanently in order to install the NRG strut bar Trevor. Every V6 accord I've seen has had those strut braces, so I'm not sure if it's an 01-02 V6 feature or a 98-02 V6 feature, but either way the braces aren't compatible with some of the aftermarket strut bars.

So either lose the OEM braces, or sell the NRG bar & get a Cusco strut bar that will compliment the OEM braces...similar to Dre's setup with the TL-s bar:

2921953108_48e78c4c67_o.jpg

that looks insanely nice... yeah I don't even think it will work with the oem strut braces... my friend and I tried it yesterday, and it's just too complicated for a strut bar. lol

I'm gonna just have to sell it and get a cusco one later on... I was looking for APR, but they're discontinued.

Haha you finally joined up, nice. Your car was my inspiration :p I just got the 01-02 bumper conversion with OEM fogs and the exact same lipkit as yours. Getting that stuff painted soon :)

I inspired someone?? thanks, man. There were a lot of ppl who inspired me, so you were actually the third gen of inspiration. haha I'd like to see pics soon of yours.

Welcome to the forums. I say keep it too. I much prefer the coupes with the spoiler than without

I'll keep it for now... I have other plans that take top priority.

welcome to teh site

thanks. :afro:

As far as the strut bar and firewall braces go (which were on all 6th gens to my knowledge [my 99 I4 has them as well]) I think you could find a nice thick washer or two. Install the strut bar over the firewall braces and then slide in the washers under the last hole. It's worth a try at least before you sell the bar and lose some money. If you do sell... I may be interest :D

I'll pm you, because I'm gonna have to sell it. It's a nice strut bar... it just def must be made to easily fit the 98-00 and not 01-02. It's got a titanium gunmetal (but a tad more bronze) shade to it and is very light but sturdy... it obviously has not been used.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
What's your budget for the HID components? I may be able to help you find what you're looking for.

Back