Talk about quality.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Do your research guys, this guy, his business and products are very questionable (BANNED FROM G20):
BANNED from G20:
g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74883&page=8

Bad quality:
forums.tsdnw.com/viewtopic.php?f=3& ... =amr#p9231

Double charging customers:
saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121635

Bad dealing with his 'group buys':
saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118502

Unsatisfied customer (receiving parts 2 years after payment):
sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=52719.0

Again, bad product:
sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=33914.0

Again, bad fitment:
sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=23009.0

He's a very shady guy, there's a whole lot more, but his coilovers are not as good as he makes it out to be...

copy and pasted from http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-have-found-the-perfect-coilover-fo-me-2.html

Red02Accordv6_2

Reaction score
do your research guys, this guy, his business and products are very questionable (banned from g20):
Banned from g20:
G20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74883&page=8

bad quality:
Forums.tsdnw.com/viewtopic.php?f=3& ... =amr#p9231

double charging customers:
Saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121635

bad dealing with his 'group buys':
Saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118502

unsatisfied customer (receiving parts 2 years after payment):
Sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=52719.0

again, bad product:
Sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=33914.0

again, bad fitment:
Sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=23009.0

he's a very shady guy, there's a whole lot more, but his coilovers are not as good as he makes it out to be...

Copy and pasted from http://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-have-found-the-perfect-coilover-fo-me-2.html

lol! good find.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Any word on getting that extra locking perch? It seems the version 1 had it, so lets have it again...
amrcoilovers.jpg

img28325ka.jpg

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
Very good find. I hope any future customers take the time to take a peek at some of those threads before pulling the trigger on a purchase they might later regret.

I didn't do my research, and simply took the word of several members on this site that Andy was a great guy to deal with and that AMR made the best suspension for our cars bar none.

Had I not called Andy out at every deficiency in the transaction, I would have an inferior product installed in my car, and a very questionable company behind the "Lifetime Warranty" included with said product.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Those are ancient artifacts that you just posted lol. Those were when he was doing a joint operation with FF. Steve had a set of those.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Those are ancient artifacts that you just posted lol. Those were when he was doing a joint operation with FF. Steve had a set of those.

Oh, well i had no idea about that. Either way my worry regarding a single screw holding everything tight and in place still stands. Seems that the only way i might actually get them is to have to find a shop locally to make copies of the lower locking perches though.

[email protected].

Reaction score
Oh, well i had no idea about that. Either way my worry regarding a single screw holding everything tight and in place still stands. Seems that the only way i might actually get them is to have to find a shop locally to make copies of the lower locking perches though.

I still can't see the need for a locking ring to back up the spring perch. If the springs are properly pre-loaded, then the spring would never unload to where there is no pressure on the perch. That, plus there being no rotational force to turn the perch, suggests that they could be run with no screw in the perch to lock it in place.

The above is just the way my mind envisions it, and I might be all wet, but to me it makes sense.

I would like to know what the difference is between my 3 YO AMR's and what is being built nowadays. Like others who have been riding on these for a while, my set has been flawless.

I don't really think there is an issue w/ the product; some broken screws - a pain in the neck, but it happens; the clunking noise - has it been determined 100% that it's the coilover? If I were in the market now for a set of coilovers, I wouldn't let some cheap screws and undetermined noise stop me from buying these again.

How many sets were sold in this recent group buy? And where are the members that have had no problems?

I simply find it very odd, that not only do my coilovers perform well, but also every interaction I've had w/ Andy was pleasant and fruitful, and yet now he's selling crap and he's the devil incarnate? That just doesn't add up in my estimation.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Just went to Lowes and Home Depot earlier and found what I need. Picked up four replacement bolts that look to be steel. :)

so AMR could have gotten the bolts made out of steel but chose to use aluminum

i think those were just re-badged form and function coilovers.

while working with them he took their product and labeled it his own? did he take acknowledge it or make any attempt at showing that his product was not entirely his own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back