Dracord

Reaction score
^
popcorn_1.gif

doh

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
i have an automatic 4 banger, and used to run a NX 75 shot, and never managed to get much past 105 (in D3) before the rev limiter would kick in. so 120 in 3rd is BS from my experience but whatever lol

I agree.

No way in hell a 6th gen accord auto tranny will hit 120mph in 3rd.
Remember the auto tranny's redline is 6,250RPM's
and the manual tranny will max at 95mph at 6800RPM's.

And also.

As stated in the rules

9. If you disagree with the actions of the 6thGenAccord Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen, however, public bashing of the team will be deleted and possibly end in your banishment

Especially after this statement

And for an admin, you talk a lot of crap for not actually "doing" anything. You bash on other people, but what experience do you have? Dont get me wrong... Im not trying to rebash you or whatever, but what gives you the right or what experience do you have, to telll other people that their techinque is stupid?

Last edited:

SC2JZ300

Banned
Reaction score
I agree.

No way in hell a 6th gen accord auto tranny will hit 120mph in 3rd.
Remember the auto tranny's redline is 6,250RPM's
and the manual tranny will max at 95mph at 6800RPM's.

And also.

As stated in the rules

9. If you disagree with the actions of the 6thGenAccord Staff, express your concerns privately. We are always willing to listen, however, public bashing of the team will be deleted and possibly end in your banishment

Especially after this statement

My and Csmith the other day while coming home frome from the track proved that this... impossible third gear to go to 120 ish has been proven that it can happen.
So I honestlly dont know what to say.

So what your saying about me bashing on a admin is not the "correct way" to settle things. Its more like I speak the truth... Abusing his power mods and what not.

No disrespect to you blacknight But you tell me that I have to settle things through a private way but than the admin is the one who is bashing me first, in public.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i've had my v6 accord in D3....banging the hell out of the rev limiter at 6300-6400 on the tach....120 on the speedo....you gotta remember the speedo is off by at least 5-8mph at that speed tho...

and it's not pretending you have a manual to shift D3-D4...it's called keeping your car in VTEC...cause if you floor it in D4...it shifts at 5800rpm....dropping you in 4th gear at like 105mph with no VTEC...if you hold it in D3 past that point your car will get to top speed way faster...

SC2JZ300

Banned
Reaction score
i've had my v6 accord in D3....banging the hell out of the rev limiter at 6300-6400 on the tach....120 on the speedo....you gotta remember the speedo is off by at least 5-8mph at that speed tho...

and it's not pretending you have a manual to shift D3-D4...it's called keeping your car in VTEC...cause if you floor it in D4...it shifts at 5800rpm....dropping you in 4th gear at like 105mph with no VTEC...if you hold it in D3 past that point your car will get to top speed way faster...

Couldnt have said it any better. Thanks for your input.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
My and Csmith the other day while coming home frome from the track proved that this... impossible third gear to go to 120 ish has been proven that it can happen.
So I honestlly dont know what to say.

So what your saying about me bashing on a admin is not the "correct way" to settle things. Its more like I speak the truth... Abusing his power mods and what not.

No disrespect to you blacknight But you tell me that I have to settle things through a private way but than the admin is the one who is bashing me first, in public.
Whose abusing what?..You wanna call someone out then do it, stop beating around the bush.

No powers have been abused, I simply said what 90% of the people on this forum think. You came at me talking like you know me assuming I don't have any experience and all this nonsense. Then you cry foul when I come back at you about it. Then you step it up claiming power abuse just because I'm an Admin. If I was abusing power you would have banned long ago, for no apparent reason.

AFAccord

Reaction score

Except that VTEC engages around 2300rpm at WOT, and will not disengage unless you're in the 1,X00 rpm range at WOT. "Falling" out of VTEC at WOT is virtually improbable.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
Except that VTEC engages around 2300rpm at WOT, and will not disengage unless you're in the 1,X00 rpm range at WOT. "Falling" out of VTEC at WOT is virtually improbable.

the point is that at 100+mph...unless you are turning 4000...your barely making enough power to accelerate...vtec or not...

Back