The accord went for a swim...

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well I know i posted a thread on v6p and was planning to do the same here. My car got owned I got home from work around 11pm Monday and parked the car in my normal reserved spot at my apartment building indoor garage which I pay for. I get word around 1pm the next day that the garage flooded because of a sprinkler pipe breaking literally right in front of my car as you can see from the water splash on the wall in front. Keep in mind the water was even higher, these pictures were taken after a few hrs of the maintenance crew pumping water out slowly but water got inside my car and ruined the carper etc but seats are ok thank god it’s now down in VA getting fixed up.

This is the buildings fault for not checking there fire system as scheduled I'm sure, it should have set off a warning on a fire panel in the building. For this much water to accumulate from a small pipe it had to be running for hours and I'm going to say the management is accountable for their recklessness in maintaining the garage, also they did not even bother do a report with pictures etc, the maintenance man told me go up to the sales office and file a incident report so I'm the one providing all the pictures, witnesses etc and I'm claming extensive damages to my car that I will need to replace.

What do you guys think? I went to check the garage this morning and the water has almost drained out but what ever is left has turned in to solid ice and I was not even offered a tow or replacement spot I had to do everything and it's what 4 days later now. I have a meeting with them this afternoon I better not hear some **** about them not being liable for damages because they did officially not have a working fire sprinkler system to let the water flood for hrs and my friend who helped me out pulling the car out is a fire safety designer for siemens lol.

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Pulled out the car then started to get all the water out from the carpet, after taking out the car we found gallons of water under the carpet it was crazy. I also had to clean the car asap since the water was dirty as **** had rust, calcium and other ****.

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

nexTOme

Reaction score
those pictures make me want to cry....:sad:

that freakin sucks dre......

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
Wow that sucks man. What a bunch of bull ****. They should definatly pay for all the damages because you pay to park there so your car is safe.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
holy hellllll. that blows sooooo bad. i love your car too dre. i hope the ownership of the building compensates for all the damage. they should at least pay to get the interior cleaned and detailed. also they should have to fix anything that was destroyed. if the meeting does not go well then i would contact a very good lawyer if i were you. good luck with the whole thing tho man. i feel for ya

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
damn Dre. Yea, I was wondering what happened after you took ti to the garage. Best of luck man.

lwlba

Reaction score
dang.. sucks to hear =[ but definitely get a few lawyer's number down first..

thejameshimself

Reaction score
The only way this would've been funny is if you had the boat look. i hope everything works out - still looks good on the outside.

Back