The Ultimate J32A2+6spd Swap Parts List!

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission Mods' started by Crimzon, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jester1020

jester1020 Member

I have a few questions. What if you wanted to keep it auto? (yeah I know they are crap 1-2 gear issues blah blah) What would you need to keep it auto? I bought a j32a2 for $150 (no harness) and plan to swap intakes to get rid of the butterflies. But I'm lost as far as the harness goes. I know I can't use the tl/cl ecu with the accord trans. So vtec controller? I read on v6p where people have used the j30 harness on the j35 ody motor. Since I'm not using the butterfly intake could I do the same. That seems like it would be more of a plug and play deal.

2. 99cfENVYv6

99cfENVYv6 Well-Known Member

why not run a j32, with a paired trans from a j32? plus the auto harness and ecu? I dont understand where youre finding an issue. Do you want to mate the j30 auto to the j32?

3. jester1020

jester1020 Member

My issue is -- in Feb/2011 I paid a few thousand dollars for a rebuilt trans with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. I was also promised that part of what I was paying for was better parts (hard and soft), and that it would stand up to more hp and aggressive driving. I don't launch hard and really only drive aggressively on the interstate if at all, so I don't think I'll have the 1-2 gear over heating issues that tend to destroy these trannies. My wife physically can't drive stick, and since I have kids and work a lot having a car she can't drive if she needed to is out of the question.

I had planned on just buying a replacement j30 but lucked into a j32a2 for $150 (no harness). I planned to swap intakes (to get rid of the butterflies) and use my accord harness. I know the maps will be different and vtec needs to be raised. I was thinking about using a controller, since I can't use a tl/cl ecu with the accord trans. I haven't got it all figured out yet. Most of this is new to me, I haven't really done any swaps or wiring since the obd1 days. I'm looking for answers but it seems like no one is using the accord trans. I understand why, but I know that there has to be people out there that made it work.

4. Crimzon

Crimzon Well-Known Member

Hey guys just an update, I had to put this project on hold. Thought I could handle doing the swap and buying a house at the same time while working 70 hours a week, but as usual, I bit off more than I could chew. So I decided to prioritize the house. Just finally had an offer accepted, so with any luck I'll close within a month or so, move in, and get this car finished.

I have all of the parts I need except for a wiring harness, motor mounts, linkage, and Richie's harness. Has anybody heard from him? I tried contacting him a couple months ago with no reply. Hopefully he's still making these things... lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  5. Crimzon

Crimzon Well-Known Member

Dang! Wish I would've checked up on this thread, I was just working in Eugene a couple weeks ago. And I'll be very interested in those details :)

6. RICKDIGILER

RICKDIGILER Well-Known Member

I got a 6 speed question on headers for those 6MT guys.
    and yes I know about v6p.

Does "THAT" so called 6 speed bend in the headers mean anything?

Fitting wise, does no bend in the 3rd cylinder header mean it will hit the 6 speed transmission?

Comptech USA
    [​IMG]

DC Sports
    [​IMG]

XS
    [​IMG]

Megan Racing
    I don't see any bend with these, is that a problem for clearance?
    [​IMG]

Edit: Moved from Roo0oach's exhaust thread didn't want to threadjack.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. Accord_J30A

Accord_J30A Well-Known Member

I think u only need it if u are using the J32a2 motor mounts. If not, than u can just use any other headers such as megan, obx or the ebay one. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

8. RICKDIGILER

oh ok yeah maybe you're right, wouldn't want it to be a problem since I love that the j30 headers are compatible with the j32

thanks for the input man...

9. SykVSyx

SykVSyx Well-Known Member

Rick, you have to used the headers with the bend with the 6spd. it's for clearance.

10. RICKDIGILER

That's what I was wondering, those bends couldn't just be a coincidence...