Things to do to keep the accord running

Neight

Reaction score
I was at home last week and I finally got a round to clean the throttle body. It was pretty easy and it makes my car run well again, see before I clean it, I would have trouble starting it, and my idling at cold temps was bad, the car would die for no reason at a stop. Just a buncha bad stuff can happen with a dirty throttle body. I have a friend who owns a 98 camry with only 80k miles on it, and it runs like crap, that guy doesn't know how to take care of his car and it drives me nuts when he ask me for some help.

Anyways, I've clean the throttle body, changed my oil /filter, spark plugs, wires, check for things. next up for me- tranny oil change, maybe anitfreeze flush, belts comming up. anyways I'm sure most of us here on the site regualry keep up with our cars, I'd say that is half the fun right there, Ive saved so much just by learning how to do things on my own.

:thumbsup:

Neight

Reaction score
to do that you need to make sure the car is cold, and it is helpful to diconnect the battery. Anyways on a 4cyl, you need to disconnect all of the hoses, the two harnesse, and your intake, after that, you will need to disconnect the throttle and crusie control cables, those two metal cables the are fond near the fire wall, anyways those are hooked on to this spring loaded wheel, you need to pop them off. Oh it would be helpful to losen the nuts on those cables. The throttle body is bolted on with two bolts, and two nuts, one on each side, and you get some throttle body cleaner at the store spray it and let it dry. Best to find a repair manual too, but this is a pretty simple job, looks harder than it really is.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you actually removing the TB when you clean it or just spraying some stuff into it?

Neight

Reaction score
I removed the whole thing. I don;t think it is safe to spray it when it is still on becasue it is connected to the intake system, BTW those small hoses around the TB are for the coolant, so when you pull em out, becareful becasue some coolant will come out.

naoandlata

Reaction score
Hmm I haven't cleaned my tb since I've gotten my cai but I remember just disconecting the piping from the tb and spraying tb cleaner while I pressed on the tb throttle spring(?).

Back