Thoughts on my f23

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
ok thanks guys. I understand a little bit more. and idriveandaccord, yeah i might wait for both springs and shocks combo. And yeah my friends accord is pretty much slammed. i forgot how low the drop is. but on his standard honda odyssey rims (99-01) (i believe they are 16's with 50 tire profile) i could only put one finger through the wheel well haha.
Thanks again though. i'll start researching.

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
haha well since your bored idriveanaccord, do u kno how to fix the thermostat on the f23? My car threw an CEL. and according to autozone, its the P1486 code. I believe its the low coolant level or replace thermostat? The first time it came on, it was because my coolant was below the min, but now its full and the same code is thrown, so im sure its the thermostat. Any ideas? thanks alot

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
crap i hate coolant systems ahaha either a bad sensor or your thermostat but its not that hard to replace a thermostat just take off your serpentine belt then its behind the ac pump? i think might wanna check that im blanking but ya it should be right behind then pull that out pop a new one in and reverse the process. i think your supposed to do this while the coolant is flushed...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're talking about the water pump ^^^

Thermostat is just under the intake manifold. Just follow the lower radiator house to the thermostat housing. I think it's like 2 10mm bolts.

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
You're talking about the water pump ^^^

Thermostat is just under the intake manifold. Just follow the lower radiator house to the thermostat housing. I think it's like 2 10mm bolts.

Under the intake manifold huh? Alright ill check it out. one of the employees there said it was about 10 bucks or somethin, so i guess its a small part? :thinking: but i might take a picture for you guys to make sure that were talkin about the same thing lol. thanks though. ill keep you guys posted

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
ya thermostats are small its like a metal rod with a spring surrounded by a circle of metal ahahha simply explained

haha nicely explained.

But yeah i managed to get it. BlkCurrantKord' was right. if you follow the lower radiator hose it leads to pretty much behind the engine block. the hose ends and theres a section that has a sensor on it. and idriveanaccord, you were right about draining the coolant. Some came out so i had to have a bucket for it lol. But yeah replacing it wasnt that bad. Thanks for the help. No more CEL :thumbup:

f23a1_Jones

Reaction score
haha thanks :thumbup: yeah. doing this actually saved me a little money so im glad for that. I think Midas wanted like $90 something for doing it. so doing it myself saved me from being even more broke haha

Back