Tint shade help

Narftastic

Reaction score
What color is your interior?

50 is pointless IMO... If your worried about it being level that just don't tint at all, or just do the back windows, but then it looks dumb.

I would say 40 at the highest and 15 at the darkest.

I have 20 all around, sometimes I wish it was darker.

Simkid5614

Reaction score
35 is already dark at night. anything lower you might need tolower your windows to see

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
35% can be dark depending on the brand of tint.

For example: 35% 3M tint is darker than 35% Viper tint. It's also more expensive.

50 does virtually nothing visually.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Pft try 15 in the front in Cali and get pulled over easily especially in a Honda.

Check your state law on what's the legal tint in your area.

If I were you i'd just go with 25 rears 30 fronts.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
It all depends on what you are looking for out of window films.

If you are only trying to protect your interior from UV from the sun. I'd go with 50%. They're hardly noticeable. And you won't get pulled over by police.

If you are going for the look, 20% would be nice, but depending on the state laws, you can get pulled over if applied on the front side-windows.

Since your interior is gray, meaning not being light like ivory, 35% wouldn't be too bad. My car is silver w/ gray interior, and I have pretty much 35% all around. Feel free to check out my ride tread.

This is my opinion, but although the darker the better it looks in general, going anything darker than 20% would be difficult to see through the outside in the night. I.e., when changing your lane in a tunnel, or backing up from a lot in the night. (Regarding the poor rear-view issue by dark films through a mirror, you can get away with having a Broadway rear-view mirror that's designed for a tinted windows tho.)

GL w/ your decisions.

Back