too camber or not to camber!

LunaccorD

Reaction score
so I did some searching and did not find the answer I am looking for-
I noticed that on some members rides they are pretty slammed, well lowr then me and not running a camber kit, I have had it explained to me a couple times before that I wont need a camber kit just an alignment after the coils have been installed I am literally at the highest setting on my F&F type1 and still pretty low , I have a v6 coupe and I am starting to noticing that my back wheels are starting to tuck out slightly which is probably going to be the death of my tires soon. so I was wondering will another alignment fix that problem? Or do I need to get a camber kit?
Also being that I am a 6 cylinder and not an i4 can the difference in weight also be a factor?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The weight difference will be in the front between the v6/I4, not the rear.

When you start getting in to the 2"+ drop range, a camber kit is recommended.

An alignment is not going to solve the issue when you have an aggressive setup.

Ingall's or Wicked Tuning.....your homework for today.

Narftastic

Reaction score
If you get an alignment they cant fix the camber since you dont have a camber kit all they can do is adjust the toe....honestly if you have like 1 degree of camber it wont do much to your tires...i have -1.6 in the rear and its not that much....also you said your on the highest level on the FFs so i cant imagine you having that much camber.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
^The highest setting on the FF1's isn't very high I believe.

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
If you get an alignment they cant fix the camber since you dont have a camber kit all they can do is adjust the toe....honestly if you have like 1 degree of camber it wont do much to your tires...i have -1.6 in the rear and its not that much....also you said your on the highest level on the FFs so i cant imagine you having that much camber.

It all depends on how badly your car can get out of alignment. Because I am nearly as low as you Vlad and I have -2.9 in the rear and -2.5 in the front.

truWarier02

Reaction score

side.jpg

You look pretty low and you're only at -1.6 in the rear? :thinking:

LunaccorD

Reaction score
ill have to take a picture after work being that my car is in the car garage right now,
i am already going to go with the wicked tuning control arms if I do need a camber kit, but do I really need front and back?
yes at the highest setting, it is a 2 inch drop. not looking for the slammed look just want to minimize my wheel gap. please wait for photo!

001Stunna

Reaction score
ill have to take a picture after work being that my car is in the car garage right now,
i am already going to go with the wicked tuning control arms if I do need a camber kit, but do I really need front and back?
yes at the highest setting, it is a 2 inch drop. not looking for the slammed look just want to minimize my wheel gap. please wait for photo!

Get the rear only. The front will cause you more headaches as it'll hit the strut tower and you'll hate the thump noise.

Back