Too old to ride lowered? How old are you?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
30. I think as you get older ride comfort does become more paramount, but it all depends on your rim/tire size and suspension. I'll probably lower my next car, but not quite as much as the Accord.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
I think we all have our own opinions on how low someone "should" be, but for me and my wife and my 9 month old son I really need more of a comfortable ride. Plus I font have the time or the money to keep dropping on my car all time due to being slammed. I know once I get the wifey an SUV or van I will be better off with lowering the car more. Being that this is our go to car I don't want to do too much to lose that comfortable ride. So I guess the moral of the story is when you get older you want a smoother ride...I guess that's why all the old people drive luxury caddys and lincolns. I will probably lower mine when I get to that point as well.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting reads from all. I see that my situation is a bit different in that my Accord is really a project car, or weekend hobby, that doesn't have to negotiate the rigours of daily life and the unpredictable nature of 4 seasons. Having said that, I've got a 22 month old and another one due this month, so I'll be spending most of my time in my 'family friendly' MDX and E350. Aside from the AMG sport package, both of those are bone stock and very comfy, and go over speed bumps and entry lane ramps without worries and scrubbing :)

[email protected].

Reaction score
59 next month... I mainly lurk, but this seemed like a good thread to post in. My car's at ~24" on AMR's. With a TL RSB, the corners are my cheap thrills... along w/ the P-Spec shifter. 114K on a '98 I bought new; I can drive this car the rest of my life, but every year I get a little more tired of the stiff ride. I do like the handling benefits of a lower center of gravity, but especially like not having a wheel gap.

Accord2Show

Reaction score
I am 41. I will all ways ride low no mater what I drive. I may not ride as low as I use to go, but i will be low never the less.

Back