Totaled 2000 EX 5-spd, Value?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
That's a damn good price for the car. I wouldn't have thought of being 7's though, glad everything is working fine for you now and hope you the best.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, that's a nice chunk of change you're getting for it. from the pictures though, it looks like it's worth it...aside from being rear ended, it does look pretty well kept. wish mine would get totaled haha, i wouldn't get too much but i'd probably get more than what i could sell it for :lawl: hope everything else works out well for you too.

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
Yeah. $7k is pretty good. A friend of mine had a 99 EX 5spd sedan and it was totaled. They only gave him like $2k. Granted, it had 360,000 miles on it and burned oil like crazy, but the body was in relatively good condition considering no work was done to it that wasn't completely necessary.

MusicMan374

Reaction score
Yeah, I think part of the reason they gave me so much for it was that it was in decent condition, the engine was spotless and ran perfect, and it only had 111,000 miles on it. Even that only warrants $5k or $6k though, I think they're trying to be nice because they know they have a potentially very large medical liability claim on their hands, that probably was part of it. I looked around at local dealer websites and found a few accords that had an asking price of $7000 or $8000 but at a dealer the list price is always high because they will negotiate it down with you. Private party I don't think I could've sold it for more than $5000. I'll put away the settlement money to save for a new car later. I'll use some of it to personalize my new car, but I'm going to save most of it.

The sousaphone instrument that was in my trunk was the property of my school, too, and they have to fork over another $3500 for that :lawl:

Back