Tranny Failure

brava1maw

Reaction score
It was a sad day today. My transmission started to have serious problems after 15 years in the family and 213k miles. It still moves, but it slips after 2.5k on the tach. My father said that I should replace or rebuild the tranny (obviously), but I'm not sure if I should bother with it being a high mileage car. What do you guys think?

001Stunna

Reaction score
It was a sad day today. My transmission started to have serious problems after 15 years in the family and 213k miles. It still moves, but it slips after 2.5k on the tach. My father said that I should replace or rebuild the tranny (obviously), but I'm not sure if I should bother with it being a high mileage car. What do you guys think?

Has the car been taken care of? Any other issues with it? Any rust? Any past accidents?

If the car is in good condition aside from the tranny...then why not.

accord2loud

Reaction score
when the trans on my accord broke, i shoulda just sold it as is. i fixed the trans for 4k....F**KING got ripped off. sold the car for 2K, which was a huge lost and bought an evo.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Get some estimates on rebuilding it, then decide if it's worth it or not based on the general condition of the car everywhere else. Swapping to manual really depends on how much you really love the car. Depending on your answers to these questions, it may be time to move on.

5 speed swap :)

He's V6

brava1maw

Reaction score
Aside from the bad transmission now, the car still runs great and it only has one little dent on the trunk (underneath the spoiler of all places) . There isn't even a rip in the leather. And it hasn't been in any sort of accident. I guess I'll be getting some quotes next week and go from there. I love my car, but if it's $1000+ for a rebuild, it may be time to say goodbye.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Get a another used accord with less miles or another car with less miles.

You car has way to many miles on it to hassle with a new transmission and all that $$$ once everything else starts going.

Do yourself a favor and part it out or just dump it

It would be AT LEAST 1000 if not 1500 for a rebuild

Back