tranny fluid.

ejreams

Reaction score
just trying to get stuff straight because this isnt something to mess up on lol. so if i drain and refilled once (just the 2.7 quarts) wouldnt be good enough? again trying to get facts straight.

Well, the first question is
have you checked the fluid in the first place;
whats the color and how does it smell?

If its still pretty clear/pinkish color and smells like Trans fluid (not oil)
it may not even need be done, or you would be just fine with a single drain/refill (2.7 qts) if you wanted to do it.

If its black and really thin and smells like gas/oil I would do a drain and refill 3 times.

If/when you go to check, get a white rag and wipe the dipstick so you can see the color. Also make sure that now as well as when you are done with service that you check the level (it should be in between the two holes on the dipstick; to check pull it out, wipe it off ,and then put it in and pull it out to look at where the oil stops) make sure the tranny is warmed up(been running).

Last edited:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
alright i will be doing this asap. everytime i look at the odometer i get scared...not for my engine but for my tranny lol.

And correct me if im wrong but I think you need the car running to accurately check the AT fluid.

ejreams

Reaction score
And correct me if im wrong but I think you need the car running to accurately check the AT fluid.

I wrote cold, but it should be warmed up.
I appologize to anyone reading that lol

it doesn't have to be 'on' but you should have had the engine up and running/driving around for 10-15 minutes to be sure, right before you check of course.

And make sure you park on a level surface haha

J30MAN

Reaction score
if by 'stock' you mean original then yes.

My ex girlfriend is at 117k on the original as well, not as high but still.

yeah original transmission is what i meant. wow....that makes me feel great then.

ejreams

Reaction score
yeah original transmission is what i meant. wow....that makes me feel great then.

Yea and I have no aftermarket tranny cooler, I've thought about it before but it looked complicated at the time and I've never revisited the idea.

Just be nice to your car and check its fluids regularly

Back