tranny fluid.

419superman

Reaction score
my cars been shifting kind of hard, so i figured id change the tranny fluid, i bought some valvoline high milege with the deox (or whatever is recommened by the owners manual for our cars). im going to put the vavoline in it for a few days, drain it and use some oem honda fluid from the dealer,

am i doing this right?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You should use ATF-Z1 from the dealership. Nothing else, the only other fluid I would reccomend you use in the transmission is Lucas Trans fix. Other fluids will kill it.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
You should use ATF-Z1 from the dealership. Nothing else, the only other fluid I would reccomend you use in the transmission is Lucas Trans fix. Other fluids will kill it.

you can also use dextron, and that would only affects the shift quality.

419superman

Reaction score
the bottle i have says it has dextron in it. even for a flush i shouldnt use it?

GCv6accorD

Reaction score
"Do not use any fluid besides oem honda fluid...anything else with cause more problems... At least flush it 2 times..... 1st time drive about 500 milages... Then change it again With filter...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
do i have a filter? i thought i only had a magnetic bolt.

There is no filter that is acessable on these transmissions. Not sure why he would mention that. If you really want to "flush" the system get six quarts of atf from the dealership. Drain. Refill with three quarts. Drive for 100 miles. Drain. Refill. Hopefully you can prolong the inevitable failure of the auto transmission. You should look into a Trans oil cooler/filter setup that can be put together for about a hundred dollars it is worth it in the long run.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
You don't want to flush it, its best to drain and refill the tranny, flushing the tranny is will only make things worst in the long run....

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Its shifting hard because your transmission is waiving the white flag. If you have not changed your fluid in a long time. I would just leave it, changing the fluid after its already been a while on a dying tranny and kill it and cause it to slip.

Its no myth, happened to me.

419superman

Reaction score
what would a tranny cooler do?
and where can i get a DIY

-so changing the fluid will further damage it? wow...if it goes im gonna be fu**ing mad.

Back