tranny is history.

angelplus

Reaction score
Fixed everything, total bill was 3300 for tranny - 1700, and timing belts including all the work that had to be done incluided all belts, new cam, valve job, oil change, coolant, three new pumps, and some small ****... So its depressing, but w/e the tranny came with a 36k/3yr warranty so, i guess thats all find and dandy

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll bet you anything it's b/c your in D4 going through normal traffic and its the tranny just trying to find a gear for the speed/gas your giving it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I'll bet you anything it's b/c your in D4 going through normal traffic and its the tranny just trying to find a gear for the speed/gas your giving it.

yup

Last edited:

angelplus

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
yup, exactally. right when im merging onto the highway going from 2nd to 3rd, yea, cuz i really dont know what its like when my tranny slips and just sticks at 5k when it shouldve shifted into 3rd by now and when i have to let off the gas a little for it to actually realize it has to shift. or actually move the shifter into d3, out of d4, for it ot go into 3rd. yup, normal traffic. w/e. this is angel's thread, lets no ruin it with my sh!t.

Hahaha, I dont care, but atleast I'm not the only one with problems lol, now just try telling your dad that the bill is 3300 on the phone and that hes gotta forward the cash... He's so pissed, but w/e it needed to be done.

My tranny was goin all over the place. it wanted to shift to 4th when it was in 2nd and jerk the car alot, then seeing that i dont have 3rd or 4th, it wanted to shift but then just stayed in gear and revved real high like it was actually in a gear, but it wasn't. ****in POS honda, I shoulda done the 5spd but I can tell a big difference then before. No more slipping at all, just smooth shifts. Plus I'm sure all the other **** that was done to the engine during its downtime really effected it, now I just need to put some tires on these wheels that I bought, then I'll be very happy. :driving:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, nice, at least mine sounds to be in the early stages of taking a sh!t, haha. hopefully the only thing ill have to call my dad about is having him drive out with me to a shop with my parts in his truck, and borrowing my grandpas 89 tercel 5 speed, hahaha. WOO! 78 HP! hahaha.

Back