tsx 4dr seat swap

6GAV6

Reaction score
What I did was ............ Wire a fuse box from the battery into the cabin, and wire the seat harness to the new fuse box. BAM! Fk manual seats in the buttox. And no, there are no wires in the cabin for the side air bags. I just left those alone.

Ogliquidmetal, I didn't think of that!

But, what I did do was since both of the front seats from the 7th gen were power, I had the guy at the JY cut the wires from the floor on the donor car, I still had both the male and female connectors attached under the seat; So I used the female connectors from the passenger seat and wired them to the harness on the drivers side, in the floor of my car (just before the harness connected from the car to the seat) and ran the wires underneth the carpet and center console storage to the passenger side/seat, and BOOM, instant power passenger seat!

I took pics which I will post pics once I have reached adequite number of post!

But I did run into a couple other issues during the install....

The back seat: the parts that rest between the door and the part the part of the seat that folds down does not fit flush or snug... there is a slight gap! I had to break the three brackets on the backside of those to make them fit, but there again, there is a gap! So I gotta to do something about that!

The front seats: I will have to find a donor car at the JY to get the seat brackets off of to replace the 7th gen mounts. There is only one bolt holding the seat down. But like someone said, the seat still feels secure, no rocking or anything!

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
This is the first time seeing this thread, very nice. How is the fitment on the rear seats, I can't quite see the details in the pictures. Any gaps?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
6GAV6 I would have done it the same way you did ... Wiring the passenger to the driverside ... Waiting on pics of your rear since I'm alittle confused about where you have the gap ... do the seats sit higher or are they the same height?

6GAV6

Reaction score
This is the first time seeing this thread, very nice. How is the fitment on the rear seats, I can't quite see the details in the pictures. Any gaps?

I think your looking at the pictures originally posted by XxSlow, which those pictures are of the TSX Seats in black. I haven't posted any pics yet, but.. there is a gap with the back seat side bolsters (I think that's what you call them)?? I took a picture so everyone will see..

Last edited:

6GAV6

Reaction score
6GAV6 I would have done it the same way you did ... Wiring the passenger to the driverside ... Waiting on pics of your rear since I'm alittle confused about where you have the gap ... do the seats sit higher or are they the same height?

Sorry about the confusion, I think I was a little confused when I was trying to explain! LOL...

the seats are the same height, I prefer a lower stance, so rather than getting the mounts from a donor 6 gen, I think I'm going to go for a custom bracket set up so I can be a little lower..

6GAV6

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to add, I had to change the seatbelt buckle on the 7th gen seats. I just used the buckes from my old seats.

Only the drivers side is wired for the seatbelt light/chime. The seat belt wiring for the 7th gen seats have 3 wires vs. our 6 gen 2.

The wire colors are the same for both 6 & 7 gen (with the exception of the 7the gens extra wire); Once the seatbelt buckle was bolted, I only used the buckles 2 wires the the matching 2 under the seat.

And everything works as it should.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I think your looking at the pictures originally posted by XxSlow, which those pictures are of the TSX Seats in black. I haven't posted any pics yet, but.. there is a gap with the back seat side bolsters (I think that's what you call them)?? I took a picture so everyone will see..

I was actually wondering about the tsx rear seats but would like to see yours as well.

Back