TSX Bumper Conversion (Update 8/15/13)

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
Re: TSX Bumper Conversion

Damn that's coming along. I hope this can be a mold someday :D I'm in need of a new bumper...

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Wow- thats alot of work. And damn thats going to look good. Have you thought about using an adhesive behind the seem where they meet? Then maybe using a urethane sealer like 3M window caulk to fill in from the back side? (Might help reinforce/ abosorb vibration around such a crucial structural area. Keeping filler or paint from cracking when finished.)STILL using the screws of course.

NotNice

Reaction score

Wow- thats alot of work. And damn thats going to look good. Have you thought about using an adhesive behind the seem where they meet? Then maybe using a urethane sealer like 3M window caulk to fill in from the back side? (Might help reinforce/ abosorb vibration around such a crucial structural area. Keeping filler or paint from cracking when finished.)STILL using the screws of course.

thanks. yea alot of work.. not alot of time.. lol. im using fusor prodcts.. it is realy flexible when it comes down to paint and stuff. i do like the idea of the 3M sealer.. i would like it to absorb every scrape i give it...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
TSX Bumper Conversion (Update 7/19/12)

What are you going to do about extending the bumper to be flush with the 6ga bumper?

NotNice

Reaction score
Re: TSX Bumper Conversion (Update 7/19/12)

What are you going to do about extending the bumper to be flush with the 6ga bumper?

the end peice i cut from the tsx bumper, im just pretty much shifting it over and inch or 2. then just fill in the gap to complete it. ill have it set up by the weekend hopefully.

Back