TSX type S to have turbo

turboputz

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the aftermarket comes along after the release and how easy it is to makes upgrades. I think it is wonderful that there will finally be an AWD turbo platform from Honda, I don't care if the badge says Acura it's a Honda. I think it will take a while for aftermarket to get going because the price for admission is so much higher than say a WRX and that brings a different kind of buyer who is less likely to be a tuner. I am not comparing the two because the Acura will be more refined, more mature, basically you won't get looks driving up to the country club in one. Whereas a WRX with a blatting 3 inch exhaust will draw attention some don't want.
However, I would want to know that the potential is there to bring the TSX up to an easy 300 whp. That number is a cinch for a Legacy GT with about 3-k in upgrades and tuning.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
about damn time. with all the other automotive makers raising the bar i was wondering when Honda would step up to plate.

skabone

Reaction score
I will so own one if its actually an AWD turbo 6spd. I also hear that the turbo diesel is supposed to be comming as well, I'd be tempted on that one too. either way, the next car I own will be a TSX of some sort.
any guesses how much they are going to sell for? my guess is mid 30s

FLiP wiT da FLo

Reaction score
I will so own one if its actually an AWD turbo 6spd. I also hear that the turbo diesel is supposed to be comming as well, I'd be tempted on that one too. either way, the next car I own will be a TSX of some sort.
any guesses how much they are going to sell for? my guess is mid 30s

i'll take a guess on this one. Having the acura badge and being a type S. i'm gonna have to say atleast 40gs. regular TSX will be about 30gs.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the awd turbo is tempting, but if the diesel gets awd...thats the one im buying.

skabone

Reaction score
i'll take a guess on this one. Having the acura badge and being a type S. i'm gonna have to say atleast 40gs. regular TSX will be about 30gs.
what is the TL type-s going for? I'm thinking if they do an awd turbo for the tsx then the AWD TL isn't too far off. does the engine and the SH-AWD really add that much to the price? 40 seems kinda steep considering what else is in its class around its current price.

I'm with your ryan s, I'd guess you'd be able to crank up the boost and get more performance out of the diesel than the regular k series.

FLiP wiT da FLo

Reaction score
what is the TL type-s going for? I'm thinking if they do an awd turbo for the tsx then the AWD TL isn't too far off. does the engine and the SH-AWD really add that much to the price? 40 seems kinda steep considering what else is in its class around its current price.

I'm with your ryan s, I'd guess you'd be able to crank up the boost and get more performance out of the diesel than the regular k series.

good point. TL-S is about 40gs. probably the new TSX-S should cost about 35gs?

Back