turbo f23a1 idling at 2400rpm???

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
okay so I had an idling issue where the car would idle at 2400rpm and i was told it was probably a vacuum leak in my intercooler piping..so today i completely redid my piping and made sure it was perfect..did a boost leak test and there is no leak..but the car still idles at 2400rpm and the idle bounces..im running a t3t4 .57 with 450cc injectors on a chipped p28 ecu..anybody ever heard of this problem?? any help would be appreciated

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
you probably didnt do the 3 to 2 wire IACV conversion. that will cause idle issues along with computer issues also i think

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
^ Bingo. Search on how to do it properly, it's fairly easy but there are some tricks to actually installing it while IM is on the car..

vtecaccord88

Reaction score
okay ive searched but im still a little confused..do i have to switch the obd2 iacv for an obd1 iacv? and if so the ports on the obd1 valve are round and the ones on the obd2 valve are square..how is that going to work? if anybody has a write up for this i would appreciate it..

greekpizza

Reaction score
this is like carpenters say measure twice cut ounce. except its research twice turbo ounce. lol but yeah thats your problem use the black traxx adapter plate which is like 30 i think and then a obd1 iacv or like patrick said a 5th gen intake manifold. good luck :)

9450erick

Reaction score
what program are u running with the p28
if you get the car tuned/ (like you should have already since your running the turbo), the iacv can get tuned out. the tuner could set your rpm at any range if your running a good setup.

Timiscool90

Reaction score
I recently took off my entire turbo kit. I have a 2 wire IACV and the adapter plate that I bought from 1NONLYACCORD. If you need anything to get your car running, I have everything. Send me a PM

Back