[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Accord6\6

Reaction score
Hello Varnell, question for you on this swap. Did you have to connect the VCC3 and SG3 wires to get it to start? i have followed your wiring diagram and everything is done except for these two wires. Not sure where to splice them in. When i turn the key, the motor turns over but doesnt turn on. Thanks

Varnell

Reaction score
I don't have those two wired. Since it turns over you have the Clutch Safety Switch wired up? I don't think it would affect anything, but do you have the gauge cluster wired up?

Are you positive that all wires are securely connected, either by solder or clamps?

Accord6\6

Reaction score
Yes i do have the clutch safety switch wired and checked to make sure they are secure including the ground. Did what you did, blue\white wire on the driver side panel and blue\white wire on the switch run to pin 17. Before i wired it like this, the motor wouldnt even turn. After i wired the switch, the motor turns over but doesnt turn on.

So i dont need to connect these two wires and the car should turn on?

Also, i have removed the immobilizer chip.

Gauge cluster wire is not connected because i have a 98 av6. i need the cluster off of a 01\02. so i have read. havent tackled that problem yet

Varnell

Reaction score
My cluster is from the '99. I won't be able to get a pic of that until Monday. I reprogrammed the key, I'm not sure if that would be an issue.

A guy in the facebook group wired his up using this spreadsheet and his is working with no CELs. Having you tried starting it without the key?

Roadrage

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/24] J32 Swap [Prepping For Inspection]

I'll probably keep it for a few months. Slowly transfer parts and give the new engine time to settle in without CELs. I guess I could put it up for sale on here, but I haven't seen many NC members.

you would be surprised :party52: perhaps you havnt looked hard enough lol:ehcapt:

Accord6\6

Reaction score
removing the immobilizer shouldnt prevent the car to start. It will just throw a cel. Since yours runs without these two wires connected, im going to leave them alone and start troubleshooting the motor side. Do you mean jumping the starter?
Appreciate any pics on how you wired the cluster.

Varnell

Reaction score
removing the immobilizer shouldnt prevent the car to start. It will just throw a cel. Since yours runs without these two wires connected, im going to leave them alone and start troubleshooting the motor side. Do you mean jumping the starter?
Appreciate any pics on how you wired the cluster.

Yea, jumping the starter. That's what I had l to do since it took me a week to figure out the CSS.

Back