[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/17] J32 Swap [She's Alive]

There should be a few grounds under the dash there for you to tap into.

Just attach it to a ground? Sounds simple enough. Pretty sure the clutch needs to be wired to another wire. I've been looking at the automatic shifter to make sense of it, but haven't had any luck yet. Was this taken care of with the Richie Harness, or was that just for the ECU?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking for the Clutch Switch that attaches to the clutch pedal. I'm not sure why I don't have it with the CLS dash harness.

57_1.jpg

As far as I can tell, I don't have either male connector for 1 (Clutch Interlock Switch) and 2 (Clutch Switch). Strange considering I have the entire engine and dash harness for the car.

13s3m01_b23.png

pedal.jpg

P1040781_zpseea51123.jpg

E1) Main Relay
E3) RPM output
E6,E7,E28) These all go to the fuel tank sensor, 28 is the signal
E14) This is out because it sends the signal to the gauge
E15) Yes this goes to the reverse lockout solenoid located right near the shift mechanism
E23) Yes, EVAP bypass
E24) This is for the engine mount control solenoid on the cl-s/tl-s
E26) Once again, signal for the gauge
E29) This is the Immobilizer indicator light on the gauge cluster
E30) Immobilizer Enable
E31) Immobilizer code input

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Varnell

Reaction score

I'm not sure. I'll check when I head back to the shop tomorrow. I'm starting to think the dash harness I purchased was for an Auto. I can't think of any other reason why the connector for the clutch switch would be missing.

I didn't think the Connector E pins were the same on the 2003 Acura CLS A/T and M/T, though.

james'99

Reaction score

I'm not sure. I'll check when I head back to the shop tomorrow. I'm starting to think the dash harness I purchased was for an Auto. I can't think of any other reason why the connector for the clutch switch would be missing.

I didn't think the Connector E pins were the same on the 2003 Acura CLS A/T and M/T, though.

I honestly don't see how they could be the same. It just doesn't make sense unless there was an auxiliary harness for the clutch which wouldn't make sense.

Varnell

Reaction score

I honestly don't see how they could be the same. It just doesn't make sense unless there was an auxiliary harness for the clutch which wouldn't make sense.

Well, I have the CL-S clutch pedal installed. It has the exact same female plugs for the clutch switch and clutch interlock switch as the Accord 5spd one. I've examined each connector on the harness and none of them fit. It's supposed to be a plug with one blue and one black wire. The only one I have on my harness with two wires has one green and one black, not to mention that it doesn't fit into the clutch switch assembly.

Should be an easy fix if I can find a parts car, but I can't wrap my brain around the dash harness not having one.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Well, I have the CL-S clutch pedal installed. It has the exact same female plugs for the clutch switch and clutch interlock switch as the Accord 5spd one. I've examined each connector on the harness and none of them fit. It's supposed to be a plug with one blue and one black wire. The only one I have on my harness with two wires has one green and one black, not to mention that it doesn't fit into the clutch switch assembly.

Should be an easy fix if I can find a parts car, but I can't wrap my brain around the dash harness not having one.

Is there a sticker with the part number anywhere on that harness?

Varnell

Reaction score

Is there a sticker with the part number anywhere on that harness?

Good idea. I just checked a picture and its 32150-S3M-A32 which is the part number for the M/T. Any clue why it wouldn't have a male connector for the clutch switch?

I've got it figured out as far as the wiring is concerned. I will need to find a male clutch interlock plug. I'm hoping a local 2006 RSX 6MT still has a few parts in it. I don't understand why my harness is missing this plug, but with no related codes I'm not going to stress over it too much.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score

Good idea. I just checked a picture and its 32150-S3M-A32 which is the part number for the M/T. Any clue why it wouldn't have a male connector for the clutch switch?

I've got it figured out as far as the wiring is concerned. I will need to find a male clutch interlock plug. I'm hoping a local 2006 RSX 6MT still has a few parts in it. I don't understand why my harness is missing this plug, but with no related codes I'm not going to stress over it too much.

You'll get it. No sense stressing. All part of the trek to something great. In this case, a 6 speed Accord.

:lewx4:

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/20] J32 Swap [She's Alive]

Finally tracked down a clutch interlock switch. Hoping to get it wired up and functioning today after work and school.

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 4/20] J32 Swap [She's Alive]

After three hours of wiring, to no avail, I decided I had had enough and went home frustrated. Went back to the shop yesterday and spent another hour messing around with it when I finally decided the switch must be bad. Pulled the interlock switch out of my 5spd and she fired right up like she's supposed to. I'm having the car looked over today to make sure that I'll be able to pass a state inspection. Hoping to be driving her home tonight.

At this point, the wiring isn't the prettiest, but I'd rather finish up the soldering in the convenience of my own driveway. The only thing not functional is the reverse lockout, but I was told it isn't required for inspection so I'll get around to wiring sometime down the road. Videos and pics ensuing. My phone is almost always dead when I'm at the shop, mostly due to using it as a flashlight. lol

Last edited:
Back