USDM Rear Fog Coupe

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is something similar to what 'sonni kubba' was looking to do, so I am sure he will chime in at some point.

Yup, here's the 'idea' thread

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48097

I'd prefer to keep both park/brake taillights, but this method looks exactly like the EDM Accords.

Yeah, that. I still love those cars, the RS6 and even the S-line models from that gen look great imo. Lip spoiler made that back end.

I loved the RS6. One of the few cars that I think I could drive stock and be happy with. Too bad Audi no longer imports the RS6 sedan to North America, IMO RS6 >> RS7

twofast4u

Reaction score
Looks clean and OEM. But personally, I'm going to go with the actual edm rear fog. I'll be cutting my pumper for it to fit in. I already bought the rear fog, the only thing is that I'm really lazy to cut my bumper lol

VancouverAccord

Reaction score
Was it an A6? I think the 98-04 A6's had dual rear fog lights in a fixture that surrounded the rear license plate.

Nope. The one I saw was newer. I don't remember which model. I think it was a RS4. Here is the only picture I could find. You can only see one in the picture but both sides had them.

dsc01879b.jpg
dsc01882vwc.jpg

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Looks good and I like the fact that its a different way but to me it would bug the hell out of me because it looks like you have a brake light out.

+1

Its a Cool mod!, BUT wont the cops also think its out?

If I owned a coupe I would definitely like to do this, but I would do mine in the reverse light. They sell reverse switchbacks from white to red. (Assuming all that is needed is the correct bulb Size)

picture.php

I would wire it up to be red when on, and when I want to reverse it would switch back to white. Simple wiring since that is what switchbacks do lol. I wonder how it would look since "red" is the fog light color for the back, going thru the clear lens? Ehhh just a thought for the coupes wanting to do this mod.

GOOD WORK OP!!!

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Obviously if there was a way to not make them blink,... (should be)
because on a turn signal the relay goes on off on off...maybe since the reverse have no on off action it will stay white while reversing? Just a thought

I don't own switchbacks but I'am assuming It would work since it wont be on the turn signal going on and off, just white while reversing the rest of the time Red.

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
I want to apologize to Sunni_kuba and the members that posted here for not reading the link he provided, I feel like a dumba$$ lol :Boo:. I was at work when I posted the switchback idea. Did you get around to it? Or waiting for the swap first?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to apologize to Sunni_kuba and the members that posted here for not reading the link he provided, I feel like a dumba$$ lol :Boo:. I was at work when I posted the switchback idea. Did you get around to it? Or waiting for the swap first?

No need to apologize, actually, I felt better about my idea seeing that somebody else thought of it independently. Actually, I haven't seen my car for over a month now, it's being carefully ripped apart and stuffed with Acura goodies :licklips:

FNCONE

Reaction score
Yup I see your getting your 6 SPEED. GOOD LUCK!! Thats going to completer your car! imo.

Jarrett

Reaction score
I'm glad the switch worked out for you. I didn't think it would fit even close to as well as it does.

Back