V6 brakes

Toyojake

Reaction score
Alright, so after some more research. I haven't been able to find anything about a rotor upgrade on the cheap. Most are part of a kit. So now brings up a question... has anyone added the twin pistons to an AV6, if so.. how much better is it than the stockers. With the single piston calipers up front it already stops great, so is it worth it for the V6 guys? Would a good set of rotors and pads be sufficient enough?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Soo whyyy are you back at square 1 and trying to cover info that has dedicated review and DIY threads for it? At least what I was trying to get at hasn't been covered in detail yet.. :boohoo:

I'm done with this thread because I realize it is futile. It had potential but has been squelched.

PS twin pistons = Legend caliper swap.. Did you not put those bits of information together? Go read son ;).

Last edited:

Toyojake

Reaction score
Soo whyyy are you back at square 1 and trying to cover info that has dedicated review and DIY threads for it? At least what I was trying to get at hasn't been covered in detail yet.. :boohoo:

I'm done with this thread because I realize it is futile. It had potential but has been squelched.

PS twin pistons = Legend caliper swap.. Did you not put those bits of information together? Go read son ;).

I know that, my thought was to find a cheap "OEM" rotor upgrade as well as the caliper upgrade. After having no such luck, I didn't think there would be a huge boost in braking performance with JUST the legend calipers as its still the same pad and rotor.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea the multiple pistons in calipers is more about providing more even braking pressure....not increasing it

do the legend calipers take a larger brake pad?

to gain braking performance you need a larger pad area....and/or more force(larger master cylinder)....and/or more leverage(larger rotor)....and of course matching tires with enough meat to stop the car...not just lock up

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
yea the multiple pistons in calipers is more about providing more even braking pressure....not increasing it

to gain braking performance you need a larger pad area....and/or more force(larger master cylinder)....and/or more leverage(larger rotor)....and of course matching tires with enough meat to stop the car...not just lock up

bam

SoCalAccord2000

Reaction score
bump, i am gonna do this swap and i am sure on the legend gs calipers, but has anyone used legend rotors as well or is it not possible? or just do the legend calipers and stick with the av6 rotors? i am looking for a clear cut answer please! which would be better or possible without a lot of modifications and or more $?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if u have a v6, just swap the calipers.... i don't think the difference in the rotor size would make a difference since the brake pads are the same size.. the new caliper will just apply more pressure to the same amt of rotor surface

Last edited:

bagoon316

Reaction score

I wanted to bump this, cuz I had a question. On the cb's cpmike, ran the lude upgrade and also the lude vtec master cylinder.

for us normal 4cyl guys, that are going to the lude vtec/V6 upgrade, i feel like to get optimal braking, we should upgrade the master cylinder as well. I havent looked on hondaautomotiveparts yet to see if the part #'s are the same, but i doubt they are since they are diff sized brakes.

so my question, will the V6 master cylinder go into the 4cyl, and all the hardlines match up? what about the prop valves, i know the lx guys on the cb, had to get the DA 40/40 prop to get there optimal brake performance.

lashlee

Reaction score
I did a V6 brake swap on my 4 cylinder LX and I'm still using the 4 cylinder master cylinder and proportioning valve. I don't know if swapping it out would make a difference since you would need three identical cars with one regular setup and one with the V6 with the OEM master cylinder and the proportioning valve and a third with all of the stuff changed. Then you would have to have identical conditions to really find out which one works better. I've gotten on my brakes a few times fairly hard and have noticed some threshold braking change but for the better but there are too many factors. In short I would say that as long as you get it working and based on brake swept area it should work better.

Back