vB Experience WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
6GA,

This whole vBExperience deal seems very fickle. I logged on on a different computer, and it had a red X where the awards are next to people's names on the vBExperience area. I checked next to mine, there was a red X. When I went over it with cursor, it said: Profile Award. I was like alright! I must have done something right!

Half hour later, it's gone and I never got to see wtf it was. I don't get half of this stuff.

And how did lemon get 44 rep and 2 green boxes??

He was at 0, and negative rep just recently. I thought it takes forever to earn that stuff, and I still have not earned it. Yet Justin has 4 boxes now, Lemon has 2. :poke:

You can discuss and all say what you want. You may think I'm jealous, stupid, or just insane, but it is what it is. I don't understand how this thing works and it's frustrating me to the max. :eusa_wall:

I should not be so concerned about a conceptual point system, but since it's there it arises concern in me since this is part of my daily interaction with you all.

Thank you.

- Nikita

/rant.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Don't take it so personal. I gave Lemon some rep yesterday for a good post he made, and I think Daniel did too.

Read through the "earn points" section and it will explain how you earn points for different things.

It's just a forum and a probably flawed points system.......we know you're a great member Nikita :thumbsup:

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score
who got more post out of u and lemon? lmfao

I giv lemon rep a few days ago for sellin me a item and it went into positive

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just had to vent. I'm not taking it too personally, just wondering how stuff happens on such a large scale, when back in the old days it took forever to get 1 rep point, and no one had 2 green boxes at all lol. Maybe it's because the mods changed up since then, or more were added at least.

Edit: Oh snap! what do I see... 2? On mine? Can't be :wub:

Many thanks Juicebox! haha

Last edited:

juicebox00

Reaction score
Just had to vent. I'm not taking it too personally, just wondering how stuff happens on such a large scale, when back in the old days it took forever to get 1 rep point, and no one had 2 green boxes at all lol. Maybe it's because the mods changed up since then, or more were added at least.

Edit: Oh snap! what do I see... 2? On mine? Can't be :wub:

Many thanks Juicebox! haha

Honestly, you help out so much on this site you deserve it

1fastj30a1

Reaction score
So how exactly do you "give" somebody points?
Or is this something only certain members can do?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
oh god damnit I clicked a link by accident and have to retype everything lol.

Okay, There's a whole thread about reputation. In the top-right hand corner of every post, there is a small scale symbol (it says "Add to xxx's Reputation" if you mouse over). By clicking on that you can leave positive or negative reputation. The higher your own rep level, the more rep points the other person will lose or receive by your actions.

Reputation is based on a lot of different things, and yes they get changed from time to time. Problem is it's either very few people who bother to use it (which sucks), or people just go ape**** and give away rep for no reason (which also sucks). So every now and then I/we readjust the way Reputation works so that the right people have it. For instance, I set the descriptions (when you mouse over) pretty easy to attain because no one was getting rep before. If people start using it again like I hope they do, then don't be offended if suddenly your reputation doesn't go as far as it seemed it did before. There's just no point in everyone on the site being "Highly trusted" or whatever it says.

Like Justin said, there's a whole section in VBExperience that explains how you get points and awards. You got a profile award, it's literally just that - you've got the most **** on your profile lol. I don't know why the images are broken, if I had a lot of time I'd try and figure it out tonight but I still have 3 more research articles to annotate, a summary to write, and then an introduction to write for a group project tonight. And tomorrow as soon as I get out of classes I'm getting ready for my roadtrip and won't be back for over a week, so please be patient and I'll look into it when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back