what bov spring pressure are you running?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im using .5 BAR-7.25psi and my VAC sits around 20+
BUT i have an HKS,so might be different.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
thanks for the reply

did you correctly size the spring before installing it?

not really shure if I am supposed to measure the vaccume after the turbo has been installed or before when I am n/a. maybe I am blind or dumb but could I get some insight on that LOL?

Atreidies

Reaction score
You are measuring vacuum at idle at the intake manifold. Use a vac source after the throttle body. Unless you have some crazy mani/TB combo, or a vac leak, you should be pulling around 20 in/HG @ idle.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
cool thanks!

the more insight I get the better any more answers to my previous questions would be great!

still wondering if I should be checking my vaccume before or after the turbo install

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Hey bro, just buy a manual boost controller. As long as the spring is made for higher boost than you want to reach, you should be all set controlling it manually. I think if the spring is lower than your desired boost, you will be limiting yourself.

Drift

Reaction score
Hey bro, just buy a manual boost controller. As long as the spring is made for higher boost than you want to reach, you should be all set controlling it manually. I think if the spring is lower than your desired boost, you will be limiting yourself.

:werd: Do this.

Arent Tial springs color coded anyway?

As for a MBC, Id highly recommend the Hallman Pro RX with the ceramic ball. We use those on all the race cars, very reliable and sturdy.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
I allready have the s300 with boost control package (pwm)

still kindof stumped

russian red-the wastgate spring is what determins the minimum boot level that you can run not the blowoff valve.

blow off valve vaccume and spring rate matching are important because if the spring is too stiff the valve won't open when needed or at all

so I assume that it might be a good idea to get the next spring size down judging by the tial sizing chart I posted?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
idk if its sized correctly..But IDK what I was thinking last night..I have an HKS BOV,theres no spring rating in them.theres no hard or soft adjust on them.
I am running .5 bar in my tail wastegate. and my reasoning was I just wanted to run off the wastegate so 7psi is perfect for daily,and I have a MBC if i ever wanted to up the boost.

Atreidies

Reaction score
still wondering if I should be checking my vaccume before or after the turbo install

You are checking vac AFTER the set-up is installed. You are actually wanting to run a spring that is slightly stronger than the vacuum. That way, it will stay closed, unless there is boost in the IC pipe, which will force the BOV open to vent. Which is exactly what you want to happen. Hope that helps.

Back