What color is this?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
V13EOwkBVowyeh8g7RP5x5DUo1_500.png

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I would like to add an excerpt on the topic of valve cover heat and paint used.

It's not necessary to use high temp paint because the valve cover really doesn't get that hot. It would get significantly hotter in a turbo application I'm sure, but in a regular one it shouldn't be a big deal. I have ran my DEP cover with the turbo for years and no issues. There were issues with how I prepped some areas of it, but not the actual paint. With AMAZING prep, enough layers of paint and clearcoat, and care as far as dings and chips from tools etc when working in the bay - it should last forever. The heat applied to the paint regardless of type is actually beneficial for the curing process, and eventually it solidifies into a laquer or enamel and has beautiful gloss and durability.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I would like to add an excerpt on the topic of valve cover heat and paint used.

It's not necessary to use high temp paint because the valve cover really doesn't get that hot. It would get significantly hotter in a turbo application I'm sure, but in a regular one it shouldn't be a big deal. I have ran my DEP cover with the turbo for years and no issues. There were issues with how I prepped some areas of it, but not the actual paint. With AMAZING prep, enough layers of paint and clearcoat, and care as far as dings and chips from tools etc when working in the bay - it should last forever. The heat applied to the paint regardless of type is actually beneficial for the curing process, and eventually it solidifies into a laquer or enamel and has beautiful gloss and durability.

Haha damn bro

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Back