What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Looks better wrapped around the corner, what LED strip are you using?

Would like to see the red in there.

I’d rather have contrast (white numbers, red needles) but I am just too afraid to mess with the needles to rub the blue film off. And I’m not sure if white numbers and white faces are a good idea anyway. So red it is lol.

I got to the point of always using SBL now.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7306/9845897924_5a2500efe3_b.jpg[IMG][/quote]

Nice, the light distribution looks pretty even, and bright enough. Maybe it’s the camera but it looks a little pink? Mine will look the same except my odometer will be blue still.

I wanted to use SBL for my front turn signals, but they don’t appear to sell 1157 switchbacks…

Hello People

Reaction score

I don't really remember, ordered it off eBay from Hong Kong or something. Came in a 5 meter long roll, and it's RGB (meaning I can adjust colors with some wiring magic or a remote).

I've had them in my side mirrors as turn signals for months and they're still holding up fine.

Edit: quickly made my car road worthy so I can go to work today. It's ugly, but it'll have to do.
use9yhy6.jpg

Last edited:

Simkid5614

Reaction score

I’d rather have contrast (white numbers, red needles) but I am just too afraid to mess with the needles to rub the blue film off. And I’m not sure if white numbers and white faces are a good idea anyway. So red it is lol.

Nice, the light distribution looks pretty even, and bright enough. Maybe it’s the camera but it looks a little pink? Mine will look the same except my odometer will be blue still.

I wanted to use SBL for my front turn signals, but they don’t appear to sell 1157 switchbacks…

I used V-Leds switchbacks. But the Red is Red. It's the camera. Distribution is spot on and the LED's are certainly bright enough. The camera picks up the needles as stock orange but they are red too.

9049961952_023c76b70b_c.jpg

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Spray bombed the under carriage. New exhaust with Duplicolor semi gloss black engine paint, and chassis with Duplicolor semi gloss black, acrylic enamel. Looks so fresh-N-so clean, clean.:thumbup:

Edit: Just noticed that the "puck" sound that came from my window this moring gave birth to a crack. Now I can add:

-Fix broken windshield, and transfer CL mirror

to my To Do List.

:doh2:

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
After being out of luck at two different SMOG check shops with underground dynos (damn subframe), I just raised my car a bit again...:eusa_wall: Hopefully the alignment won't alter much if I lower it back down to the exact same height.

Varnell

Reaction score
Tested out my euro gauge cover. Didn't disconnect the battery and blew my dimmer switch and temp gauge. Looks sexy, though. lol

Is there a fuse for the temp gauge that I blew, or maybe the thermostat? I saw the needle jump and die as I went to screw the cluster back in.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh lawdy I can see my gauges again :lawl: Here's a bad pic.

temporary_zpseeacead6.jpg

And you can see where this is going

temporary_zps8dfd1434.jpg

Inner joint came apart when I pulled on the axle, now I have to get it out, been trying to spin it and pull every few mm until the break in the ring gets to the right position but no luck so far...

I used V-Leds switchbacks. But the Red is Red. It's the camera. Distribution is spot on and the LED's are certainly bright enough. The camera picks up the needles as stock orange but they are red too.

Mine don't look as bright as yours, but I think that's because of the overlays.

I use to have VLEDS switchbacks but one side malfunctioned on both sets I tried so I gave up and went back to filament. Later I found that the contacts in the harness plug were not making consistent contact so the bulbs may have been fine. I bent them upward, put the filament bulb in, and it's worked since. So I guess I'm in the market for switchbacks again.

Last edited:

Dat99accord

Reaction score
Lowered my car a bit more. and just finished plasti dipping my rims :lawl: Also made a DIY thread about it. :thumbup:

Back