What'd you do to your accord today?

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Daniel, did you do anything special or is that just a direct swap out?

They didn't fit just right in since they are a tiny bit longer but with a little wiggle they popped right in. The connectors are a tiny bit longer so you will have to shove them in there.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I changed out some new bulbs in the gauges and went back to the white.
These have no blue at all. http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/194-led-bulb-15-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/910/
They brighten the whole dash very nicely with absolutely no hot spots.
I think I am going to have to find another 74 bulb though because it doesn't put out as much light so it's a little bit dimmer.

null_zps7308f50f.jpg

Those do have a slight blue hue to them on the face, and it’s accentuated in the reflection. Pure white cannot be obtained without removing the blue film on the backside of the faces. Those are probably the whitest I’ve seen without doing that though, looks good.

Someone is on the wrong side of the street, ha.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q892dx.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2dmdqi1.jpg[IMG]

:hide:[/QUOTE]

Meshies ftw!

[quote="DrOwZee, post: 1011614"]I want to see them mounted Davis. specs?[/QUOTE]

All dis

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
^ yeah its as close to white that I have found as well. With the 15 smd leds on the bulb it gives a really nice white coloring compared to the 5 5050 leds.

Today I changed out my Ac control dial numbers and temp.

Putting together a DIY together right now for those needing to change them out as well.

null_zpsf9e3d3df.jpg

Mikey

Reaction score
^ yeah its as close to white that I have found as well. With the 15 smd leds on the bulb it gives a really nice white coloring compared to the 5 5050 leds.
15??? Wow. Lol. So you just swapped in giant bulbs? No tin foil or scraping the stuff off the back of the faces?

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
No Mikey just the bulbs I stated before. :)

Easy switch but there are two small little tabs under the connector that you shove them into that makes them not sit flush I just kept shoving til they fit. I went in at a angle first then brought them into place.

I have noticed that I am staring at the gauges a lot more now.:thumbup:

Mikey

Reaction score
Ah, I see. And they're cool white? Not bad. I like the look of them, too. Especially with the chrome around them.

Mikey

Reaction score
The brightest SMD 74 bulbs at SBL are only 15 lumen. Might be bright for that tiny bulb, but if that's what you have, you might have to try going over to v-leds.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I want to see them mounted Davis. specs?

Dudee, I can't wait. They should be on this weekend.

The offset is conservative, they're x9 +40. I'll be running 5mm spacers all around (maybe 10mm front 5mm rear). My goal is to reduce some rear camber though, so I can run the same amount of camber all around and be flush at the same time.

Meshies ftw!

They never go out of style. :rock:

Back