What'd you do to your accord today?

kn0x47

Reaction score
IMAG0414.jpg

your fuse box is on the wrong side of the car. I never realized you were right hand drive

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Today i finished polishing one muffler .. the other will be done tomorrow.

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh551/LeAccord/DSC_0298-1.jpg[IMG][/quote]

Nice work man, that looks very nice!

[quote="RackedOut, post: 960484"]Took my tint and stickers off too.

[IMG]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z453/RackedOut/EBFC1916-A7F6-4EB8-86C6-B453C70DE38F-527-00000123326C5EDB.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Car looks good Kyle! Excited to see your progress with refinishing it.

[quote="eeeman, post: 960520"]Strut top work began!

Drivers side still needs to be grinded down and bogged.
After, going to start fiberglassing, sanding, primer, paint! :)

Drove home without any knocking. FINALLY!
More slammage coming as soon as its all done.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you doing all this yourself? That looks like solid work, nice job.

Ratchet

Reaction score
did a led swap on the guage cluster. big difference.. should have done this long time ago. So I did go ahead and ordered leds for rest of the dash.
Still working on the amber pointers.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
dude, i want to cut my wheel wells too. then i wouldn't slam on stuff, so i guess i just cut that hole there? lol wont that compromise the structural integrity if i dont weld anything back over it?

thanks derek and chris! I have a super sander that i can finally sand it all down to metal and plastic and smooth it out and get ready to repaint it in the spring. im stoked man.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sweet, repaint it with what?

And yeah, definitely don't want to leave a hole in the tower haha.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
did a led swap on the guage cluster. big difference.. should have done this long time ago. So I did go ahead and ordered leds for rest of the dash.
Still working on the amber pointers.

Subtle mod but makes a huge difference, I love my led cluster. What do you mean amber pointers?

thanks derek and chris! I have a super sander that i can finally sand it all down to metal and plastic and smooth it out and get ready to repaint it in the spring. im stoked man.

In for this, I really liked the bedliner paint job, real unique and looked good.

Computer has been down for a week or so and I did a couple things to my Accord.

Drove through a big pile of leaves like a dummy and it went over my windshield like a tidal wave. Leaves everywhere. All in the engine bay and the sunroof was open too.
Rinsed out my engine bay and got the hid ballast wet so it burned out. Stuck some yucky halogen bulbs in for the mean time.

Finally got around to painting my rear brake calipers red along with painting the other two wheel center caps black.

Got my package from Jephu so I put in the led dome and vanity lights, and finally got a CG Squad decal on my car.

Bought some gaskets for the headers as well.

Went riding with some buddies and fit three bmx bikes in there, no roof rack :lawl:

Took it in to the Honda stealership for an airbag recall letter I got in the mail since my SRS light turned on recently. When I got my car back the SRS light was still on. I asked them what's up with it.
They said the airbags were fine but the light meant there was a problem with the whole system.
I thought if the SRS light is on, the airbags won't deploy? Wouldn't that mean they aren't alright? :huh:

My dad was in town for the holiday and he said while he was driving his 5th gen he heard some metal stuff knocking around and then the brakes started grinding.
Took a look at it and when I pulled off the calipers the inside pad was nowhere to be found. The shim was mangled in there as well and then a lot of metal shavings poured out.

Last edited:

eeeman

Reaction score
Wow, you doing all this yourself? That looks like solid work, nice job.

Sweet, repaint it with what?

And yeah, definitely don't want to leave a hole in the tower haha.

Nah I have a mate who owns a shop who has done it to his own civic so he knows what he's doing. I am helping though where he wants me to e.g. grinding and/or sanding etc. Leave the welding to him :p

Repaint with colour matched paint (Signet Silver Metallic). Just to leave the engine bay looking OEM :)

dude, i want to cut my wheel wells too. then i wouldn't slam on stuff, so i guess i just cut that hole there? lol wont that compromise the structural integrity if i dont weld anything back over it?

Yeah dude that hole is pretty much perfect for no strut tower hammering!
I do imagine it to lose some strength in that area though so yeah it would be better if you did weld it up and/or cover the hole. Don't want to take risks ya'diggg.
It just makes the engine bay look a whole lot cleaner than leaving 2 holes just sitting there.
Up to you though!

eeeman

Reaction score
yea i have a friend who can weld... i wonder if just sheet metal will work..? :thinking:

also, ill repaint it with a stronger bedliner. :lawl:

Yep! sheet metal is just fine. Well that's what we're using for my car haha. Plus putty and fibreglass don't forget.

Bedliner? Is this the cream colour thing from the other thread... hahhaa

Back