which spoiler should i go with?

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
I've had all the flushmount spoilers.

If you get a genuine M3 spoiler for BMW, it will be short 1" on both ends.

The Scion tC spoiler will not sit flat on a 98-00 trunk. there will be a small lift at the center point because tC hatches are slightly rounded more than 98-00 trunk.

Right now I have the JDM Flushmount. Some call it a type-R but it's very similar to the flushmount for S2000 and IS300 spoilers.

98acclude

Reaction score
I've had all the flushmount spoilers.

If you get a genuine M3 spoiler for BMW, it will be short 1" on both ends.

The Scion tC spoiler will not sit flat on a 98-00 trunk. there will be a small lift at the center point because tC hatches are slightly rounded more than 98-00 trunk.

Right now I have the JDM Flushmount. Some call it a type-R but it's very similar to the flushmount for S2000 and IS300 spoilers.

that my friend is great info and greatly appriciated! that helps out alot... is your's ebay t-r style? if you dont wanna spill the wickedness behind your car I understand. ;) but thanx though on the info...

which one did you like the most? the one you have now? cause it looks damn good on your car

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
i dig your car mang and what can i say? it was a good pic! n thanx for contributing... well in a way to get my point across...

and to x5carl3tMurd3rx ... I wanna do lots of things.. lol I want the w type lip kit, ek9 side markers, eyelids painted to match, 17" gramlight 57 maximum pro with +20 sumthin offset with a staggered offset of 8 in the front n 9 in the rear.. lol i unno I gotta plan jus dont have the money for everything. haha

and the tc spoiler looks sick too... and it just fits perfectly? i've never seen it on our cars.. that's almost like a mix between the 2 of the m3 n type r style one.

well yeah thanks for the props but the m3 spoiler is a great choice when it comes to choosing any spoiler for the 4dr, although depending on what your budget is and what you really really like then its your choice. The only downfall about the m3 spoiler is that the tape on mine isnt "sticking" all too well on the right side cause of the major heat we have down in vegas.

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
that my friend is great info and greatly appriciated! that helps out alot... is your's ebay t-r style? if you dont wanna spill the wickedness behind your car I understand. ;) but thanx though on the info...

which one did you like the most? the one you have now? cause it looks damn good on your car
I had the m3 the longest because mine was made from real carbon fiber rather than carbon fiber pattern on abs. I like my current one the most. The m3 was a bit too subtle for my taste, especially when I moved on to a bigger lip kit like the Wings West.

well yeah thanks for the props but the m3 spoiler is a great choice when it comes to choosing any spoiler for the 4dr, although depending on what your budget is and what you really really like then its your choice. The only downfall about the m3 spoiler is that the tape on mine isnt "sticking" all too well on the right side cause of the major heat we have down in vegas.
Just take it off and re-tape it. Try to find some 3M Adhesion promoter, otherwise, re-prep and re-stick the spoiler. After you initially stick it, try using a clamp or simply hold it down for a few extra minutes.

Here are some references for the spoilers:

BMW E46 M3 Carbon Spoiler:
inspired1cg6-3.jpg

Scion tC Carbon Spoiler:
gbutt3.jpg

Ebay JDM Type-R IS300/S2000 Style Flushmount Spoiler:
g11.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
type r looks hot with the window visor thats what I wanna do with mine when I have the money to do so.

Gil and I both have that Type R spoiler, I think there may be a couple other people with it as well, I think it's the best one that flows with the rear window visor if you are going to do that.

Option #2 - I would say an M3 lip for the trunk and the rear window.

98acclude

Reaction score
thanx for all the input guys. and inspired1 thanx for the great info and pics! I think i might go with the type r spoiler... still kinda undecided... lol kinda made it harder to decide after all the pics lol but i think i might be leaning towards the type r spoiler... it looks way sick and kinda reminds me of the oem spoiler just kinda smashed to the trunk lid. lol but all are good choices.

Back