wings

Spyder

Reaction score
I was very disappointed in this thread. I opened it thinking I was gonna see stuff like this
VVV
chicken_wings_2.jpg

On a side note - Bullseye smokin' chipotle bbq sauce goes excellent on grilled wings. So damn tasty.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It's not the point if they are ugly or not. Sure i think they are ugly. But that doesn't undermind the function. And realisically, even a cheap front lip should provide some downforce as well. As long as you are limiting airflow under the car, you are getting downforce. Well, not really, but reducing "up force"

Telri

Reaction score
The problem I find with wings is that they are universal, they aren't designed properly for whatever vehicle you may be getting it for. Even if you got an adjustable one, most people just don't have access to the resources required to find the optimal configuration for their application. In my opinion you would just be better off getting a decent front bumper/lip and rear diffuser. Although that does bring up the point of canards and splitters. Kinda fuzzy on those. Splitters are supposed to increase downforce in the front by slowing the air down? Something like that, anyone able to explain?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Lips/Diffusers/Spliters is your best best. The wing is nothing but dead weight really. I don't see any benifit to it on a FWD car but a few show points here and there..Honestly even with splitters I don't see much use on our cars besides looks. If anything you ever got enough speed to actually create resonable down force on the wing you'd lose traction on the front wheels unless you had some sort of diffuser's on the front to keep more down force on the front than you have on the rear...ok i've rambled on long enough long story short...look for a good looking wing and light weight because thats all it will really be is looks and weight.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Splitters/Diffusers on the front of the car keep the air from creating turbulence underneath the car which will slow it down. They either force it over or around the car/wheel well. In essence what you're trying to do is "suck" the car to the ground. Wings add downforce to the rear end, which most RWD cars need, not so much on FWD cars even though some still have them.

Check out Speed Channel on some sunday mornings/afternoons and watch the touring cars/grand-am racers.

Crono139

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Check out Speed Channel on some sunday mornings/afternoons and watch the touring cars/grand-am racers.

I was watching a race early this morning.

Loved seeing the SRT-4s being dominated around turns. :D

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Spyder said:
chicken_wings_2.jpg

On a side note - Bullseye smokin' chipotle bbq sauce goes excellent on grilled wings. So damn tasty.

^^I am 100% sure those wings are functional FWD or RWD. :D
BTW, I like the jabanero sauce from Buff. Wild Wings. Its my fav.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I can barely handle the honey bbq sauce from buffalo wild wings.

I'm a huge puss when it comes to spicy food.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wildman said:
I can barely handle the honey bbq sauce from buffalo wild wings.

I'm a huge puss when it comes to spicy food.

You puss, I wash down jalapenos and atomic wings with tabasco sauce, not that shitty red stuff either, I'm talking peppers sitting in whatever that fluid is.

Back