Wiring Diagram for OEM fog switch?

alex_d10

Reaction score
Does anyone have a diagram of the OEM fog switch? I want to know which of the wires are what. I.e. the black one is ground, what about the rest? I am trying to splice the OEM switch with a universal fog harness which only has 3 wires while my OEM switch has 5:

dsc07786.jpg

Any help will be appreciated!

alex_d10

Reaction score
My universal one is made by SiJ (some chinese company, i bought it locally).

On my harness, the three wires are:

- Yellow (to battery)
- Black (to ground)
- White (to relay)

Hopefully my fellow russian Nikita can chime in :):)

Last edited:

98acclude

Reaction score
russianred has this all covered in the diy forum under the master list under ther interior part... but it's really easy.

Cpyro

Reaction score
the other two are for the lights on the switch probly, the green light when u turn them on, the the light green when u turn the light switch, can probly just twist them together withe the red power.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Here is the info that I gathered from a thread on V6P a few days ago...

Just going to go off of your harness pic for reference

Black -- Ground
Green -- Output to relay
Blue -- Vcc2 (Power coming from the ignition, all that is needed is a power source to activate your relay for the fog lights. Hook it up to the ignition and your fog lights will turn off when you take the key out)
Red/Black -- Ground
Red -- Vcc1 (Power coming from the parking light or any light that comes on when you turn the lights on so it'll light up your switch when you turn on your lights)

alex_d10

Reaction score
Here is the info that I gathered from a thread on V6P a few days ago...

Just going to go off of your harness pic for reference

Black -- Ground
Green -- Output to relay
Blue -- Vcc2 (Power coming from the ignition, all that is needed is a power source to activate your relay for the fog lights. Hook it up to the ignition and your fog lights will turn off when you take the key out)
Red/Black -- Ground
Red -- Vcc1 (Power coming from the parking light or any light that comes on when you turn the lights on so it'll light up your switch when you turn on your lights)
Thanks for that post.

I want to wire my fogs to be independent of the headlights (that's why Im not using my OEM harness). So does that mean I could leave out the red wire entirely?

And where can I tap the blue wire so that my fogs turn off when I turn Ignition off? Would the Sunroof power wire be good?

Back