Wiring Diagram for OEM fog switch?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I am actually in the process of making two harnesses and I plan on doing the same.

It is my understanding that the solid red wire (Vcc1) actually lights up the little fog light symbol on the switch when you turn your lights on so you can see/find the switch when its dark.

As for the blue wire I would check out this thread and go down until you see the picture of the three switches in the dash and possibly do what he did. I am assuming that location is ignition hot but have not tested it myself as of yet since I have been working on a retro in the middle of making my harnesses lol

Click Me

alex_d10

Reaction score
Ok so the red one needs to be tapped somehow to the lighting wire of the nearby cruise control switch.

For the blue one, is this the pic you were talking about?

0120091456a-1.jpg

It looks like he has a plug at the end of his wire and just plugs it into the fusebox. I dont have that plug, I just have a bare wire.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Yea that picture, if you happen to have any crimp-on connectors around you should be fine just using one of these.

095-280_L.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Basically, I believe that the red wire is the trigger wire which allows the fogs to turn on independently from the headlights, when parking lights are active. You need to tap the red wire into the idle wire on parking lights. Unless Juicebox has a better idea, that's how I did it and it works fine on mine. Try again hooking up the wires like juicebox said in his DIY, and then use mine to just splice in the switch. OEM switch and fog light wiring are like two seperate things which can't be confused. The switch should be spliced into the harness, after you have your fogs working properly with original harness and chinese/civic switch.

- Nikita

Back