Woodgrain swap help

ParisiOT

Reaction score
I have an 01 coupe and i swapped in the woodgrain from a 98 coupe.
The driver controller works perfectly.
I got to the passenger side and i'm getting a bussing noise and it will not control the window. Has anyone attempted this swap?
At first i thought it was just the switch so i went and grabbed a new one from the wreckers, but same problem.. maybe they are wired differently?

Mikey

Reaction score
You need to swap the woodgrain plate and switch to your switch assembly. If that makes sense.

When I first did it, I snagged JUST the woodgrain plate but had issues so I had to go back and I got the entire switch assembly from the 98. I can't remember exactly what I did but i'm pretty certain I had to put the 98 switch on my 01 assembly. That way my switch still works and the woodgrain fits around the switch. If you need more help, let me know. I'll try to dig up my posts and get more info.

Mikey

Reaction score
Who knew swapping in woodgrain would be so hard, lol. Had to frankenstein a switch for passenger side.
That's all I could find. Sorry. I'm trying to remember but I can't. I do remember, I think, having the whole switch apart. It was easy to figure out. A PITA but easy.

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
Had the same problem! I used the switch that came with the woodgrain I bought, and it buzzed like crazy. So to fix it, I just swapped over the one I was using before and it works perfect! Take your time and don't break any tabs on the switch swapping it over.

ParisiOT

Reaction score
Worked like a charm. Just keep the internals of the 6.5 gen and swap them into the housing of the 6. Took some pics if anyone ever needs. fairly straight forward.

Mikey

Reaction score
Yeah, the internals are the same but for some reason the outer shells aren't.

When I swapped mine, I lost the illuminated portion of my switch. Did you?

Back