Worth it? need advice asap!

Nick1130

Reaction score
Alright so i sold my old accord because i wanted to get a standard. and i saw this guy accord coupe for sale,test drove it runs very smooth its a 2 door coupe, with 175,000 kms , sunroof, cloth interior , 1998. the only problem is that his car was totaled a year ago and his bumper was totally done. so he changed it with another bumper from a junkyard, but its not aligned to the car ! he said you just need to adjust it, but i think the frame or something is broken cause even the trunk isnt aligned. it's higher in the back. here's some pic. but he is selling it for $3400 , is it worth it? do you think the bumper and trunk are fixable? how much do u think it'll cost?

122.jpg

254.jpg

394.jpg

juicebox00

Reaction score
if for like $1500-2k. okay deal. or if **** actually aligned, good deal. other than that.... tell him to go **** himself

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Buying a salvage vehicle is just not a good idea, you don't want to end up with a bondo bucket that's going to cost you more in the long run. Also $3,400 is about what a 98 Accord with a clean title goes for. Keep looking, that guy is an idiot.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Buying a salvage vehicle is just not a good idea, you don't want to end up with a bondo bucket that's going to cost you more in the long run. Also $3,400 is about what a 98 Accord with a clean title goes for. Keep looking, that guy is an idiot.

True that.

My car was at 89K miles when I got it a little over a year ago and it was into a fender bender, still clean title. My dad's boss bought it for $500 off the guy and fixed it, painted it, bought OEM fenders, lights, and hood. Sold it to me for $3,000. My car is an 01 and i'm the second owner of the vehicle.

I'm pretty sure OP can get a much better car for 3,400.

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
talk that guy down to less than half that, and then get it. or tell him to get it inspected and see if it passes, then still give him less than half.

i just want an smr coupe :sad:

Back