Would Anyone Use a Ram Horn Turbo Manifold?

Nuke_Rooster

Reaction score
I'm trying to see if there might be a market. I can fabricate some turbo ram horn manifolds for the f23.

They would be tig welded stainless steel.

Currently i dont think anyone makes them.

I'm curious to see what you guys think about it. Also if anyones interested and might have a use for one in there application.

thanks

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
I have one however the exhaust doesnt fit with the front motor mount. I would be interested in a different manifold that properly fit in the future when I can afford it. I think a quick 4 style manifold would be just as good if not better than a ramhorn it would also be cheaper and easier to fabricate on your part.

let us know your thoughts. also do you have experience welding?

Nuke_Rooster

Reaction score
Yes, i have a few years of welding experience as well as a few semesters of education in the field.

i have a 98 accord myself, so i know about the front mount on the block your referring to.

From what i know, ram horns are typically used on high horsepower applications. But if there is no need for them, i can pursue a more simple 4-1 style.

Ive been looking at alot of the turbo accords on this site and it seems like everyone is using a cast iron setup.

Stainless steel would have a much better look in my opinion. I also feel i could produce a high quality 4style for a cheaper price. Only thing is that i would need some dimensions on the flange connecting to the users turbo.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
where all using cast log manifolds because there 200$ compared to SS log equal length manifold thats 400$+ with a higher chance of cracking. that doesn't yield any higher whp unless like you stated HIGH power build.
but im sure if somebody offered different styles for our f23 they sell for looks and also if they improve anything

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
considering our car and its ppl, i would say that the market would be rather small

go for it, but i would not make a bunch, or any for that matter, until a deposit is had on your end

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Yes, i have a few years of welding experience as well as a few semesters of education in the field.

i have a 98 accord myself, so i know about the front mount on the block your referring to.

From what i know, ram horns are typically used on high horsepower applications. But if there is no need for them, i can pursue a more simple 4-1 style.

Ive been looking at alot of the turbo accords on this site and it seems like everyone is using a cast iron setup.

Stainless steel would have a much better look in my opinion. I also feel i could produce a high quality 4style for a cheaper price. Only thing is that i would need some dimensions on the flange connecting to the users turbo.

I would just make the turbo flanges standerd t3/t4 like all other hondas use theres no reason to use annother turbo unless its a divided twin scroll. I have yet to see anyone who runs more than 330whp on the f23.

unfortunatly cast manifolds are all thats available to the public market I had bought my ramhorn off ebay used a year or so ago I have no idea who made the manifold.

I think you would also have to contact someone like weirtech.ca to have flanges made from stainless I only say him because he has had mild steel flanges for the f23 head a while back I am shure he could get some ss ones. he is also a good guy and has awesome prices. he would also have turbo flanges as well.

annother style manifold that would be just as affective and probably relatively easy to route piping with would be top mount manifolds

deffinatly do a bit of reading on the subject as theres lots to learn when it comes down to function. and let me know if you are serious and need direction far as helpfull info goes I am shure I could dig up some posts ont manifold making for you.

glad theres someone else out there who's interested in evolving this motor

Nuke_Rooster

Reaction score
I think what ill do, is get to work on a 4 style setup. if someone is willing to use it i can mail it to them so they can try it out.

Is anyone willing to send me some dimensions?

ex:
the distance from the engines head to the turbo exhaust inlet?
how much of a drop off/angle between the two (if any)?

can I assume most turbo applications are about the same distance from the f23 head? (i feel thats not the case)

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im off work for the rest of the week from this snow..so if you want to PM me any info you need ill try my best to give you info.
Im using a treadstone cast manifold with a t4 turbo.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
well you'll need a turbo for starts then you'll have to decide where the turbo will fit. after you have figured that out your going to need the flanges and pipe.

YOU WILL NEED TO USE YOUR CAR OR ANNOTHER ACCORD inorder to properly mock it up

once you have a manifold thats properly fitted then you will have to make a jig

a jig is basicly a steel frame that you use to bolt flanges in their place and weld the runners onto inorder to have a consistant fit

heres a generic how to that includes a very simple jig I would add in head flange mounting points inorder to have a good jig

http://www.eagletalon.net/projects/?d=Building the header

Back