Xxtankinover's 5spd blue 6thgen Ex accord

Xxtankinover

Reaction score
also this is cruise control/airbag delete pretty much but im looking into safety too you think quick release is worth it?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
That link didn't work, it took me to an empty shopping cart.

If safety is your concern, then you need to go with another OEM wheel that has an airbag.

You can go with an S2K wheel, and mount your CC to it and still have the horn/airbag.

The quick release is more for show, than practicallity.

If you are set on getting the quick release, then you should invest in a hub lock as well, because any aftermarket steering wheel can fit and they can still drive off with the car.

Xxtankinover

Reaction score
yeah by safety i ment safety of my car lol, i dont drive crazy to worry bout airbags even though it would be good to have them never too safe too you know. im going to order a hub hub lock and a quick release + the steering wheel and sorry bout the link lol im going to check out some but idk what sites are reliable and what brands, i want to spend less than 200$ alltogether if that is possible for a decent quality steering wheel that keeps my care safe?

Xxtankinover

Reaction score
okay im on the verge of ordering an nrg steering wheel set up, but im worried about passing the NY state emission test (inspection) since it will throw a srs code wouldnt pass. can i just put the oem wheel on drive for a couple miles before the inspection? reset the ECU? i also read on the 7thgen forums that the nrg comes with a bipass or something that tricks the ecu into having the airbag? any feedback would be appreciated thanx!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I don't know about the bypass. I would say you can just take out the bulb, but it would still show on a scanner. So you could just put your original one on, and then pull the #13 passenger side fuse to reset the ECU.

Xxtankinover

Reaction score
yeah i was thinking the same thing just put the stock steering wheel and pull the fuse i guess anybody has done this before?

Xxtankinover

Reaction score
bump for latest mod, this one was inside the car so i didnt mind the cold lol.
JTC Custom short shifter.

8250_10200178153969885_4943414_n_zps3c8e9573.jpg

Back