yet another exhaust question -_-

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Ceramic headers are garbage. They are easily cracked and heat stressed. SS headers are more durable and less prone to **** up. They can usually be rewelded if needed. SS is the way to go. I thought it was a given to not by ceramic headers... I've used SS since 1999

I am happy with my OBX-R SS headers, however almost all the SS headers, besides comptech, are about the same quality

Last edited:

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Ceramic headers are garbage. They are easily cracked and heat stressed. SS headers are more durable and less prone to **** up. They can usually be rewelded if needed. SS is the way to go. I thought it was a given to not by ceramic headers... I've used SS since 1999

I am happy with my OBX-R SS headers, however almost all the SS headers, besides comptech, are about the same quality

+1 SS headers>Ceramic

Rooo0oach

Reaction score
Okay, so don't buy ceramic because it doesn't last as long as stainless... You said you have OBX headers, can you give me a summary of your liking of them?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I have a six speed and my previous generic headers/ obxr work fine. No special bend necessary for mine
And I've never had any issues with that.

Obxr welds were better than the ebay generics I had before.but they're most all the same.

Last edited:

Rooo0oach

Reaction score
Did any of you guys replace your stock cat? If so, what did you guys use? That should've been in my originally question -.- but my phone won't let me edit it...

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
heat is the enemy and ceramic doesnt handle it well at all, it will get hard after time and crack, plus they dont perform as good as SS.

Back