FS: Heated seat cubby hole

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Good info. So then is the reason the heated seat pigtails are part of the main harness because they go to the fusebox?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Cool. So from the back of the heater switch, one or two of the wires go to the fusebox, the rest go to the seat. So for us it’s a matter of connecting the wires between the seats/switches, and the switches/fusebox. There is supposed to be unused fuse ports in the driver (and maybe passenger) fusebox(es), so the other part of it is getting that set up…not sure what that entails.

So the heated seat wiring has nothing to do with the multiplexors? That would be a very good thing lol.

tknightt

Reaction score
Just so everyone is clear this is what you would receive:

-2 pigtails, with 6"-12" of wires (depending on how long I can cut them onsite)
-1 cubby trim
-2 heated seat switches
-cigarette lighter plug is optional depending on what I get.

*pigtails wire color may not match oem wiring diagram depending on where I can salvage them from. You will need to refer to pin# and not color.

2014-03-11_18-30-49_631.jpg

2014-03-11_18-30-54_92.jpg

2014-03-11_18-31-00_212.jpg

Wiring diagram download:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B--N-TlfLqTSMmphbHdHa2dOc00/AC9802147000A.pdf

I have one set ready, so RedRyder since you have first dibs it's up to you if you want it pm me.

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
How the Circuit Works
With the ignition switch in ON (II), battery voltage is provided through fuse 3 (in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box) to the coil of the seat heater relay which is grounded at G202 (except ’01-’02 V6) G302 (’01-’02 V6). The coil of the relay is then energized, which closes the relay contacts providing voltage through fuse 59 and the relay to both seat heater switches.
Two heaters are provided in each front seat. One is located in the seat cushion and the ther is in the seat back.
When the driver’s seat heater switch is in the LOW position, current flows in series through the seat heater switch, the WHT/BLU wire, and the seat cushion and seat back heaters to G551. Current is limited because it is flowing through both seat heaters in series, making the seat warm enough for moderately cold weather.
When the switch is in the HIGH position, current flows in parallel through the seat heater switch, the WHT/RED wire, the circuit breaker and thermostat, and through the cushion and seat back heaters. The cushion heater is grounded through the WHT/BLU wire and the driver’s seat heater switch to G501. The seat back heater is grounded at G551. Since the cushion and seat back heaters are now in parallel, current flow through them increases and the seat warms to its maximum temperature. The circuit breaker is closed below 86 F (30 C) and opens above 122 F (50 C), while the thermostat is closed below 93 F (34 C) and opens above 109 F (43 C). This helps maintain a constant seat temperature and prevent overheating. The front passenger’s seat heaters work the same way.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I'm interested but I was wondering, sorry if this is a stupid question.... But is this all I would need for heated seats? Also if I had the Cl seats would I be able to use this to hook them up?

Back