FS: Heated seat cubby hole

chaby_91

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys has anyone tried hooking up one of the RSX heated seats? Do you guys think its possible? I would assume so if wires are provided for the RSX seats and also the accord heated switches. Right?

I have RSX heated seats too. I have looked at the Accord & RSX's heated seats wiring diragram. It is definitely possible to hook them up. The thing is that Accords have a two-option switch while RSXs don't. RSX heated seats in an Accord would mean that you would have a two-option switch with only one result, no matter which one is connected.

Accord heated seats low setting - heating elements in series.
Accord heated seats high setting - heating elements in parallel.
RSX heated seats only have the parallel circuit, which is as if they only had the high setting Accords have.

Edit : With RSX seats, you can probably put a resistance on the low circuit to have a functionning low button.

Last edited:

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Got mine today, thanks!

It seems the previous owner plasti-dipped it, and its worn off making it obvious that its been plasti-dipped. I spent some time trying to remove it today, but I have a feeling its going to take forever. Good thing this is a project for winter time....

Thanks again! And please, let us know if you decide to do a similar thing for heated mirrors.

Jarrett

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday. It seems to be in great condition! Thansk a lot!

To everyone asking about the mirrors:

Have you not considered getting the lenses from a 1999-2001 Acura TL? It's the same lens, only heated. Get a few inches of wire from that and a few pins from the connector and you're good. If you wanted the whole housing then you were going to have to do your own wiring anyway. Just a thought.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Someone posted this in my ride thread a while back, looks like a page out of the owners manual.

Capture-19_zpsdcbd8e8e.png

FNCONE

Reaction score
Got mine today, thanks!

Thanks again! And please, let us know if you decide to do a similar thing for heated mirrors.

+1 (for other members) Before I joined this site I tried finding Canadian mirrors, but I ended up using CL heated mirrors since I had power folding mirrors.

To everyone asking about the mirrors:

Have you not considered getting the lenses from a 1999-2001 Acura TL? It's the same lens, only heated. Get a few inches of wire from that and a few pins from the connector and you're good. If you wanted the whole housing then you were going to have to do your own wiring anyway. Just a thought.

I did this using the CL mirror. I Heated the black area around the glass with a heat gun (not to much!) and removed the black trim around the glass to swap it for my power folding mirrors black part that holds the glass. (different mounting points, Maybe the TL to OEM accord mirrors are a direct fit?) I went this route because the TL heated button is on the mirror control switch. With my power folding mirrors that spot is taken to fold the mirrors. So I just wired the heated mirrors to the back heated glass. (The lead is on the passengers side fuse box, no need to run a wire from the back of the car) Simple and clean. If I hit the rear defrost, the mirrors heat up as well.

unfortunately I grabbed all the bezels I could for now, but once snow melts I should have access to a couple more. Will start a new group buy for people interested.

YES +1 I missed this one for being in Florida, lol now I have my emails go to my phone as well. Just in case text me the picture also whenever you have a chance and the snow melts. 347-623-9253. THANKS FOR THE CANADIAN CONNECT lol.
The OEM heated seats for those not wanting to swap TL's or CL's (who doesn't lol) would be awesome. Maybe easier to just remove the cushions instead of shipping the entire seats? But that's not up to me to decide money talk BS walks for those that want the OEM heated seats.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Someone posted this in my ride thread a while back, looks like a page out of the owners manual.

Capture-19_zpsdcbd8e8e.png

I always left mine on while warming up the car. I never noticed any bad starting. Maybe the Optima red top has something to do with it? I also have an upgraded alternator. I forgot how many extra amps I have, not much but I guess it helps? But good to know.

FNCONE

Reaction score
1780631_10201472500229669_1390550989_n.jpg

Is this what you guys are talking about? (cubby hole)

I have a question for you guys has anyone tried hooking up one of the RSX heated seats? Do you guys think its possible? I would assume so if wires are provided for the RSX seats and also the accord heated switches. Right?

Yes its possible. Minus the low setting. Any heated seat is

Cool. So from the back of the heater switch, one or two of the wires go to the fusebox, the rest go to the seat. So for us it’s a matter of connecting the wires between the seats/switches, and the switches/fusebox. There is supposed to be unused fuse ports in the driver (and maybe passenger) fusebox(es), so the other part of it is getting that set up…not sure what that entails.

So the heated seat wiring has nothing to do with the multiplexors? That would be a very good thing lol.

Lol Ryder, You're over thinking it. Its a simple circuit. No multiplexors.

picture.php

THE SWITCHES

1 wire is ground
You can ground it on any metal

1 wire is basically power from the battery
Since there is no fuse 59 for USDM accords I ran a wire straight to the battery with an inline fuse (kinda like an aftermarket radio, I used 14 gauge) to make up for "fuse 59"

2 wires go to to the seat
This would be your high and low. I ran them from the switch thru the center console under the rug to the seat plugs. (14 G also)

2 wires are illumination for the switch.
For the 2 illumination wires I just tapped into any red and red/black wires near the center console which is part of the illumination of the dashboard.

Now you will need to add a relay BEFORE the battery wire goes to the switch!.
I wired mine under the drivers column. I used a spare ABS relay box I had laying around (The small one next to your fuse box under the hood) and bolted under the kick panel to make it look clean.

For the one that closes the relay (fuse 3 7.5) You can splice into O5 on the drivers fuse box or do as I did. I just used one of the empty slots in your drivers fuse box (where your eBAY fog lights would get power from) with an inline fuse also.
picture.php

I used one that would not have power when the car is off. So even if you leave your heated switches on once you turn of the car the relay would open. Meaning no power going to your seats.

How the Circuit Works
With the ignition switch in ON (II), battery voltage is provided through fuse 3 (in the driver’s under-dash fuse/relay box) to the coil of the seat heater relay which is grounded at G202 (except ’01-’02 V6) G302 (’01-’02 V6). The coil of the relay is then energized, which closes the relay contacts providing voltage through fuse 59 and the relay to both seat heater switches.
Two heaters are provided in each front seat. One is located in the seat cushion and the ther is in the seat back.
When the driver’s seat heater switch is in the LOW position, current flows in series through the seat heater switch, the WHT/BLU wire, and the seat cushion and seat back heaters to G551. Current is limited because it is flowing through both seat heaters in series, making the seat warm enough for moderately cold weather.
When the switch is in the HIGH position, current flows in parallel through the seat heater switch, the WHT/RED wire, the circuit breaker and thermostat, and through the cushion and seat back heaters. The cushion heater is grounded through the WHT/BLU wire and the driver’s seat heater switch to G501. The seat back heater is grounded at G551. Since the cushion and seat back heaters are now in parallel, current flow through them increases and the seat warms to its maximum temperature. The circuit breaker is closed below 86 F (30 C) and opens above 122 F (50 C), while the thermostat is closed below 93 F (34 C) and opens above 109 F (43 C). This helps maintain a constant seat temperature and prevent overheating. The front passenger’s seat heaters work the same way.

EXCELLENT!!! 100%

Thanks but that I had already knew. My main question was meant for people with the Cl seats if it would be an easy hook up, but I then saw red Ryder talk about it so I'll just wait to see how goes.

YES CL's and TL's can be done. Just a matter of completing the circuit since the USDM will be missing wires. Its simply guys. Don't be afraid to try.

I have RSX heated seats too. I have looked at the Accord & RSX's heated seats wiring diragram. It is definitely possible to hook them up. The thing is that Accords have a two-option switch while RSXs don't. RSX heated seats in an Accord would mean that you would have a two-option switch with only one result, no matter which one is connected.

Accord heated seats low setting - heating elements in series.
Accord heated seats high setting - heating elements in parallel.
RSX heated seats only have the parallel circuit, which is as if they only had the high setting Accords have.

THIS +1

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
I have another heated seat bezel with buttons and pigtails (I've almost completed my TL dash swap.

Any takers ?

Back