6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Dude I wish I could see your car in person after all the changes you're making. You should come to IA next year.[/QUOTE]

Haha Chris i'll try to make it, But i cant promise anything... As a start my new job working for Honda dealer in parts.:hide:

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the entire swap done, sounds awesome!

When do you expect the DIY guide to be done by?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
CEL came back on this past Friday, snuck in and pulled the codes before it went off again...which it did last night. :rolleyes: One was a p0135, which I believe to be a bad front o2 sensor - hoping it just needs replaced. The other was a p1656, which is a code for an automatic transaxle. Which I don't have, lol. So something may be up with Rich's harness, or the ECU. I'm talking with him about so we'll see. Codes have not affected car's feel or performance as far as I can tell.

Over the weekend I Installed an AEM cai (V2 was only made for non TypeS - WTF?), thinking it would make the 3.2 sound even beastlier. Annnd it's quieter than the SRI that was on there before. WTF 2. The V2 on my J30 sounded 10x more beastly. I am disappointed, BUT I have not flashed the ECU yet. I am hoping that will make the difference. If not, wondering what a velocity stack would add...

Congrats on getting the entire swap done, sounds awesome!

When do you expect the DIY guide to be done by?

Thanks. Now that the hectic part of the year is over, I should be able to dedicate more time to the DIY. I have all the photos, and know the order they go in. I just don't remember some of the names of various parts, so there will be some back and forth with Rich. I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Update on CEL codes.

Issues:

The check engine light came on Friday night (24th), and went off Saturday night (25th). No change in feel/sound, etc (like nothing happened)...not sure what that was about, Rich just said to let him know if it comes on again & pull the code. So far, it hasn't.

Alright, finally got a chance to scan while the CEL was on...car is at 136k miles.

p0135 - I need a new primary o2 sensor. This is the reason the CEL comes on now and then, when it completely dies, I suspect the CEL will stay on. I hope the cat is okay...

p1656 - This is an auto transaxle code. Obviously since I don't have that anymore, I thought it was some sort of error somewhere in the harness or ECU. Rich has informed me that it will always be there but won't trigger a CEL, but the reason it shows up is because my car has no VSA computer (The TL-S the motor came out of did). All auto J32a2's had VSA, which is an assembly at the the throttle body that regulates air flow into the IM, but it is a ton of headache to try to hook that up on an Accord so we didn't. Again, this code is not what is triggering the CEL, it will always be there in the background and show up when the obdII port is scanned, but is not triggering a CEL.

So after I change the o2 sensor, the CEL should stay off.

Also, there have been two instances where I'll be slowing down for a light & shifting into N to coast, and after I do, the RPM needle just falls to 0 and the motor dies. It has happened on two random mornings, and always went away after driving for a bit. I can avoid the motor dying by revving after I shift into N.

Car has not done this for quite a while now, I'd say at least several weeks. Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to have self corrected.

There have been no other swap-related issues with the car and it is running and shifting smooth. The only thing I don't like right now is that the AEM cai I put in isn't making too much in the way of noise...nothing close to the V2 I had mated to the J30 anyway. Not sure why...

--------------------------------------
**Update on the DIY for those asking, it is extremely time consuming due to having to upload tons of photos to Photobucket then copy and paste IMG links, not to mention coming with a caption for each one of them. Also Rich's business is expanding and he is in the process of moving his shop, so correspondence back and forth with him is very slow because he's super busy, and like I said I don't remember what all the parts are in the photos so I need his input. Addtionally, I am working late hours at my job due to it being near the end of the year. It will get finished, but it is a time consuming task so everyone please be patient. Thank you. :)
--------------------------------------

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Christopher Robin :p

Sounds like she's doing well, except for a few CELs that seem to be easy fixes.

I had the same issues with intakes as well. The AEM SRI was very loud and very beastly. It was AEM pipe and filter. The one I currently have on, an INJEN pipe with Spectre filter, is loud but not near as loud as the AEM. Difference in design, air flow, filter....I dont know. The CAI on my buddy's TL isnt as loud as I though it'd be either. Who knows? All-in-all, **** looks good son. :)

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Of course a cai would be quieter than a sri you noob. Lol....

WITH the exception of the v2, which is extremely loud haha

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^ False. My SRI is way quieter than any CAI I've heard. And quieter than modded stock airboxes with the resonator delete.

Don't know why.... but just saying I feel Chris' annoyance. Wish mine was louder, too.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
CAI sounds great, but a little louder would be nice indeed.

I guess the best thing to do is to get a S/C or Turbo.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I have an AEM cai on my 01 TL-P and it sounds just perfect. I had aem sri on it before an it was loud and annoying.

Back