Suspension noise (video included)

00accord91

Reaction score
what would the noise be though if its not the endlinks? cuz after i lowered my car i checked everything more than 3 times in class and we actually found my endlinks loose. but after we tightened it the noise was stilll there..matta fact its still there to this day but it comes and goes now. and its pretty loud like sometimes i can hear it over the radio if its not too loud.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Andy I checked and apparently its not springs and not endlinks... I wasn't making assumptions, I was just exploring because Kevin had same sounds coming from the back.

The sounds only come from back, front is really quiet.

Here's another video I made

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v331/turboboxer/?action=view&current=MOV05700.mp4
After driving around last night I kind of found it primarily coming from the back as well. I'm going to take it out for a test run again today and see if I can get the same noises to occur and I'll record them with my iPhone.

turbo_911

Reaction score
After driving around last night I kind of found it primarily coming from the back as well. I'm going to take it out for a test run again today and see if I can get the same noises to occur and I'll record them with my iPhone.

with your new iPhone? will see how quality is, some people say its amazing.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, picture quality and video quality is pretty good so you should be able to see or hear things well.

Last edited:

chasnsx

Reaction score
I had a lot of clanking and rattling coming from my left front suspension after doing shocks and springs, and after a lot of sleuthing, I found out that it was a bad brake caliper -- the caliper mounting bolts had stripped and the caliper was rattling around. I hadn't noticed it with the stock suspension, but with the stiff new shocks and springs, there was a lot of noise.

Watching the video, I notice a lot of movement in the exhaust pipe, so I would check that very carefully first, then move on to other items. If it is not the coil-over itself, there are only a few things it could be, and the exhaust pipe, the sway bar, and the brake caliper top the list.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
turbo_911 said:
Changed my sway bar end links to moog ones, and there is still this annoying noise.... blehh

Sleeper cell mentioned something about he Stiffened up the back and his noises went away. You ever try that? How are they riding anyways?

turbo_911

Reaction score
Sleeper cell mentioned something about he Stiffened up the back and his noises went away. You ever try that? How are they riding anyways?

He actually said he softened up. I did that, put on full soft and on full stiff and tried all settings, and still the same.

Ride is good, I like it, though sometimes I wish it was just a bit stiffer lol.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Hmmm maybe try and add more spring load? The springs maybe moving around a little bit?

Back