Suspension noise (video included)

turbo_911

Reaction score
I did add more spring load, plus when you put the car on the ground, it compresses the spring even more.

You know those white lines painted on the road in the intersection? when I go over those too, I get this noise too lol.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
turbo_911 said:
I did add more spring load, plus when you put the car on the ground, it compresses the spring even more.

You know those white lines painted on the road in the intersection? when I go over those too, I get this noise too lol.

Damn... Sucks man. Hope you figure that **** out

JayStuff

Reaction score
damn.. yeah even from the videos i would of said it sounds like a control arm or something hitting the frame or sway bar. Thats too bad that you cant easily find the problem. were you gonna send em back in to amr?

storms

Reaction score
I was just lookin over your videos, to me it looks and sounds like your exhaust is the problem! with the stiffer ride things tend to come loose and start banging around. Just my 2 cents though!!

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Just watched your second video really closely again. Could it be one of the rear trailing arms hitting something?

turbo_911

Reaction score
damn.. yeah even from the videos i would of said it sounds like a control arm or something hitting the frame or sway bar. Thats too bad that you cant easily find the problem. were you gonna send em back in to amr?

I did, and he didn't do anything... gave him 4 weeks not counting 1 weeks for shipping and I just couldn't wait anymore... I've waited 6 months for them to get made and then 1 month waiting to figure out the problem and nothing..

I was just lookin over your videos, to me it looks and sounds like your exhaust is the problem! with the stiffer ride things tend to come loose and start banging around. Just my 2 cents though!!

Just watched your second video really closely again. Could it be one of the rear trailing arms hitting something?

what's that?

Ok today I did another test, and I put some terry towels between coils and end links (to make sure the noise is not coming from there)
Place a piece of foam 2x2 between the exhaust hanger and exhaust to make sure it is not hitting the frame and went for a drive.

I literally drove 5mph and noise was still there. Same as loud as before. I know it is not end links, as you see in first video they are traveling along with coils, and the only time they will touch them is when my car is full, but they won't make a noise because they are NOT hitting the coils.

For exhaust, it was eliminated, because it wasn't moving and wasn't hitting anything.

The only thing is coils themselves, like there is something inside them making that noise.

Another thing I noticed, is when I was driving up my driveway (1mph) really really slow, I heard something did "clunk" and when car straightened it went "clunk" again. It was the same sound and noise as when I drive on straight road.

I will go now and take my camera to lower arm and point it to coil and record and see what I get.

001Stunna

Reaction score

Can't believe you still having to deal with this man.
But one thing that comes to mind is instead of using a camera get a friend to lay under the car while sum1 pushes it from top and try and pinpoint where the noise is coming from by ear/feel. I did this with a buddy yesterday as his sway bushings were making noise and we just drove the rear wheels over some wood blocks to make sure no1's ribs would be broken from pushing the car down.
Another thing(even though this might mean more work if you have the coils in the car) was to take the coilovers out, drop the spring perch as far down as you can and push on the top mount(this way you do not have spring resistance)
..do you feel the rod going down smoothly or does it feel like its grinding on something.
..try this on different dampening settings and see if you feel any roughness as the rod goes down. (obv. the stiffer you go the harder it'll be to push down on it)

Last edited:

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
Let's make something very clear here. I had them a total of 2 1/2 weeks in my hands. The first week I got them I put them on the dyno to see if they would show any signs of problems. NOTHING. If there was a problem which showed on there I would have taken them apart. Simple as that. On top of that I was gone for a week as well as my employee. I stated to you after I had tested both dampers that I would like to get a 6th gen accord in the shop for me to install them on. I am sorry that my customers have other things to do than coming into the shop to help a you out or me out for that matter. The fact is I told you right from the start which was a lil over a week after I got them that I already tested them and found nothing wrong. I then told you rather than sending them back to you ASAP that it would be best that I take the next step and install them on the car so I can try to replicate your issue. Now I am trying to go above and beyond here to try to figure this out for you, and going out of my way to find a car just for your issue. There are some things the dyno will not show which is why I recommended that we take the next step to find a car. Our shop is FULL of cars, and unfortunately our schedule and our local 6th gen customers schedule did not work out. I did however find someone to come in the week you wanted me to send them out, but you needed them to get your car going for school. I simply had no choice, but to fullfill your request which I even split the shipping with you on when it is clearly our policy that any warranty work or things of this nature is covered by the customer as far as shipping goes.

I am sorry I was unable to get a car to install them in, but I did what I could when I had them. The only thing you waited for was for me to try to get a car in the shop, but unfortunately you did not have the time frame for me to get that done. Now if I did not have a family emergency mind you, you were even texting me when I was spending time with my family during this emergency I made it clear I was going to be unavailable that week yet you still continued to text me in the middle of the night and could not show any respect for the problems we were going through. I did not want to have full on conversation with you via text, and that is not what I give my cell number out for.

I even called you YESTERDAY to inform you I have some extra material, and will be machining more accord sets this week, and that I would gladly make a new set of rear dampers for you to send to you as long as you pay the shipping. You can't afford the downtime since you gotta go to school, and I didn't want to leave you hanging so I gave you a ring. Don't make it sound like I was twiddling my fingers over here pal. I went above and beyond to help you out, and even when I told you to stop texting me I continued to answer your text. And even then I still called you yesterday to offer 2 new dampers for you to try out since I was unable to pinpoint the exact problem since I was unable to put your dampers on another vehicle. If it does solve the problem great, I will take apart the old dampers and see what I could have done wrong if it is my mistake. I back up my work, but there are steps that need to be taken so if I did make a mistake it does not happen again. I take great pride in the work we do hence the lifetime warranty. Even after all this I am still trying to help you out, I sold you a set of adjustable coilovers for less than 800 bucks which I didn't make any money on. My guys made money for the work, but I personally didn't make a dime. I almost cancelled your order since there was too few people that ordered non adjustables, but I upgraded you anyways since you took the time to place your order with us. Now here I am trying to help you out and take it a step further, and you make it sound like I have done nothing LOL.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
^ but since you had the coils there already, IMO you should have disassembled them. I'm pretty sure you can disassemble them fairly quick and pinpoint the problem if there was one.

But, i congrat you on a bussiness like approach. Haha

AMR Engineering

Reaction score
True, but I ain't going to take apart something that has not shown to be defective. Also there are steps that need to be taken, and the next step was to put it on a car to replicate the problem. I want to hear it for myself so I can not only gain the experience, but move in the proper direction. I've hooked him up already, and I did what I could with the time allowed. Business like approach lol, we take care of our customers, but I don't kiss anyones *** either. People walk all over people in this business, and I am not the type of business man to be walked on. The fact is we will take care of him, just be reasonable. If you think Dana White shut his mouth up he would have taken the UFC to the level it is today, no way. He is a no b.s. guy like me, you don't have to like me, you don't pay me for that. But even so I take care of my customers cause I back up my products. Replacing or pulling apart the damper will only tell part of the story, I want to know everything for the sake of my company as well as my future customers.

Last edited:
Back