3.5 swap and AWD conversion information and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if J35 is even possible...

Why not? you've seen the builds right?

Nate (3.56thgen) on V6P has a J35, and he ran high 13s at MD Track.... and that's without knowing how to drive correctly....

couple of other people who has J35/J36 engines in 7th gens are keeping up/beating 350z and Evos. Keep in mind 7thgen is heavier.

It's a proven build, with a high return. You should know that.

SIRSIG

Reaction score

Nate (3.56thgen) on V6P has a J35, and he ran high 13s at MD Track.... and that's without knowing how to drive correctly....

couple of other people who has J35/J36 engines in 7th gens are keeping up/beating 350z and Evos. Keep in mind 7thgen is heavier.

It's a proven build, with a high return. You should know that.

nah, I still have doubts...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hes just ****in with you...last time i checked, he has a 3.5 in the car already :lawl: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20530

fyi to all those involved...vw awd conversions are nothing new. there was as site up a couple years ago that had step-by-step pics of what they did. i think it was eip tuning...but i believe they went under.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3455053&page=1

this vortex link gives you a pretty good idea where this is going:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3018276

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
oh and assuming this stuff will actually fit into the accord...there is still the wiring to deal with :ughrun:

this is definitely not a DIY job :redface2:

mraw112

Reaction score
If I were to do an engine swap in an accord it would be a j series. I dont know much about the engine, but I think they are very overlooked. I would rather have a J than a k. I think it would be a fun diy. I wouldnt even consider taking it to a shop to do this. It would proabaly cost like 15k+. The hardest part of the project would be the rear subframe. You could probably fab the tl subframe to fit in there, but aliginging it would be the hardest part of the whole project. I say go for it.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the awd swap is easy for vw's since there are euro models and audis with awd and as you can see from the links i posted, all you need are the rear parts of the car.

BUT...for accords...youre on your own. will the trunk panels fit? will the trunk floor weld right up? how much sheet metal or supports would you have to fab? what gas tank? where will the exhaust go? will the rear subframe bolt up?

if you have a lot of time and money...go for it. dont get me wrong...id like to see this as much as the next person. for damn sure...youd be on your own. no DIYs, no step-by-step instructions, no one to answer questions...

theres reasons why there are so many nay-sayers. for one...there are stock awd acuras out there. "i dont want an acura though!" :boohoo: be prepared for what youre getting yourself into. also if you **** up halfway through...your car will probably end up in a junk yard. IF something doesnt fit and the project cant go on...how many here would weld up their car again and be like "well...that was fun!"? lets be honest.

an awd conversion isnt just denting a firewall/crossmember/frame rail after all.

when the cutting begins...then it becomes real. as of now, its all just fantasy and wishful thinking. until i see a pile of parts in someone garage and a sawzall going at the trunk floor, this is just ridiculous talk.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
LoL, unfortunately, majority of the people here are 4 bangers. Any questions relating to J series motors, it's hard to get a definitive answer. If you look at some of the first replies, some of the people are you spitting out information that's purely opinion, and not really knowledge.

Vice Versa, V6P has a very small 4 banger crew, and any 4 banger questions is really hard to get a clear and concise answer. So for 6th genners, I usually refer them to this forum for help if they have any huge projects relating to 4bangers.

What is your fixation with V6P?

And we are spitting opinion and not knowledge? OMFG. Common sense weighs so much more than knowledge. You can be the smartest guy in the world, if you have no common sense. You might as well be a vegetable.

Is it practical to do this? NO, is this guy serious about doing the build? Probably not.

Most of us are not going to sit here and write out a 3 page DIY how to attempt to do this Mod. It's a waste of time and energy if the person is not even reliable to do the swap anyways. There are a lot of well and experienced mechanics and DIY's on here that could probably do it. So everyone quit acting they don't know their shi*. I'm not a mechanic but I am an electrical engineer. So I know what it takes to custom fabricate something, it takes a lot of planning. There is a lot of test and fail involved so it's just too much risk.

3.2 swap bored to 3.5=possible

3.5 swap to awd=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and a huge fantasy build we all dream about.

This thread reeks of ludicrousness.

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Nobody ever said this was practical. If the guy wants to dream, then let him dream. There are quite a few of us that have put in unjustifiable amounts of money into our CGs, so one more isn't a big deal.

99v6sedan

Reaction score
ditch the AWD and just do a j35a4 swap with a CLS 6 speed or an 03 accord 6 speed with an added LSD from the CLS. .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back