Dyno'ing *Photos/Video added* 7.26.12

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmmm, unfortunately I will be out of town this weekend and just realized I am going to Mid Ohio the weekend of the 4th and then Boston the weekend after that lol. It may not be ideal but I might be able to do next Friday evening to get some sunset shots :deal:

Next Friday as in 8/3? My brother is getting married that day, I'll be in Columbus. lol

Hmm...I guess we could do a week night if you want. I don't get home until 5:30 or 6 though.

Any idea as to the impact on fuel costs with an upgraded fuel pump, if any?

Meh, tack it on to the list along with paying for premium fuel. :lawl:

Yeah Im sure temperature had something to do with it. It is a lot not powerful than the dinky j30. I bet headers/ down pipe, ported intake mani and bigger throttle body would free up a lot of power.

I bet the torque is really nice with the 3.2. I want to catch a couple rides when you and Derek come and visit iin November.

Dude i had a dream about you last night where you took drugs and passwd out at the wheel of your car and drove off a cliff. I was able to jump out... horrible dream. It was very lucid and horrible. Weird

WHOA that's F'ed up!! haha that's some scary **** man.

I was just talking with the guy I went with, he has been to Cincy Speed several times and think that dyno typically runs 10-20 lower than what it should. Maybe I need to try taking the car somewhere else to compare...

What bigger throttle body can be used, or is it a matter of working with the stock one and making it larger?

Is the 3.5 throttle body not bigger? There is aftermarket options I'm sure.

Jefe02 bored out his 3.2 TB I believe. I think that's probably the only option that really makes any sense. But he is using a J30 AEM V2 cai so he is kint of stifling his motor actually.

Also the stock dyno I saw was a j35 not j32 Chris, sorry

Ah gotcha, no prob man.

Awesome, I'll be up there too. I prefer the ALMS over Indy, but it's always a good weekend. You camping?

Sorry for the thread jack Chris :lawl:

No problem guys, my brother and I use to go to ALMS at Mid-Ohio every year. I miss the days when it was Viper GTS-R vs. C5-R vs. Saleen S7-R. Those were some great races, and the Vipers would clean up. Then the Vettes just took over and Saleen dropped out, and Dodge did too. Then Ferrari F430's and Lambo Murcielago's stepped in and made it interesting again. I miss the Viper GTS though...can't wait to see it back again.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Will have to look in to that, because if boring it out and using the J35 CAI is an option, I may go that route.

RallyMachine

Reaction score
Next Friday as in 8/3? My brother is getting married that day, I'll be in Columbus. lol

Hmm...I guess we could do a week night if you want. I don't get home until 5:30 or 6 though.

No problem guys, my brother and I use to go to ALMS at Mid-Ohio every year. I miss the days when it was Viper GTS-R vs. C5-R vs. Saleen S7-R. Those were some great races, and the Vipers would clean up. Then the Vettes just took over and Saleen dropped out, and Dodge did too. Then Ferrari F430's and Lambo Murcielago's stepped in and made it interesting again. I miss the Viper GTS though...can't wait to see it back again.

Aw dang it... Well I might be at the track next Thursday night if you think you can make it, otherwise we'll work something out.

Wow I wish I could've seen the vipers and saleens race, those are classics. But the 430s and c6r's sure don't disappoint.

Awesome, I'll be up there too. I prefer the ALMS over Indy, but it's always a good weekend. You camping?

Sorry for the thread jack Chris :lawl:

Nope I'm staying at a hotel just north of columbus, but who knows, I might see you around!

Jefe02

Reaction score
Yea I got rid of the j30 intake because the car felt sluggish even with the j30 throttle body on. I haven't put the bored throttle body on yet. i believe you can use a modified b series throttle body but im not entirely sure how to do that.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yea I got rid of the j30 intake because the car felt sluggish even with the j30 throttle body on. I haven't put the bored throttle body on yet. i believe you can use a modified b series throttle body but im not entirely sure how to do that.

I think I read that somewhere about the B-series TB, but I would rather use what I have if it is possible/makes sense to do.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
hmm 201 does seem very low to me ... I would expect it to do more ... Wonder what my numbers would be. Considering its also stock I wouldnt be surprised if it was the same lmao

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
WHOA that's F'ed up!! haha that's some scary **** man.

I was just talking with the guy I went with, he has been to Cincy Speed several times and think that dyno typically runs 10-20 lower than what it should. Maybe I need to try taking the car somewhere else to compare...

Yeah no ****. I was left with the responsibility of telling all of 6ga that you had died. Dude. it was weird and very upsetting - not to go all bro love on you :lawl:

Ah I've heard of other dynos being like that, especially Mustang Dynos being a little low. I really believe that you are making more than 201 whp. Along with the bigger throttle body, higher flowing intake manifold, I bet throwing on the better headers will give you a lot more power. Not to be a dueche but I just know that you are at least 215 at the wheels.

Hell I bet running headers and a high flow cat will give you at least 10 more whp. The J 3.2's and up are just beasts when it comes to mods, unlike the poopy j30.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Haha thanks Eric. Yeah the video turned out better than I thought both audio/video wise. My co-worker had the GoPro, if you want to know anything I can ask him. I want one, there are so sweet and convenient.

I have one, they are amazing...battery life kinda sucks, but that is my only current complaint

Back