F&F Help

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
This is directly from the directions I got from F2 autolife.
1. First tighten the two locking collars under the spring with the provided wrenches. One holds the spring perch, which is located directly under the spring. The other wrench tightens the locking collar in place. Locking these two collars together allows the spring and shock body to rotate as one with the lower mount. This is important as it allows you to lower the vehicle while retaining full stroke of the shock.
2. Next untighten the gold locking collar above the lower perch.
3. By inserting the wrench inside the locking collar notch, and spinning them clockwise ( to lower the car) , or counter clockwise (to raise the car). The entire shock assembly, including the spring, should rotate inside the lower mount. This is how you raise or lower the shocks position in the shock mount, thus raising or lowering the car's height.
4. Once you have adjusted suspension to desired height, lock the gold perch above the shock mount. Double check all four corners to make sure all locking collars are tight and no bolts are loose.

Why is this so confusing. Lowering this way does not alter the pre-load and is exactly how Function and Form recommends lowering your car. End of story.:eusa_wall:

Reactions: Bax

nhoz22

Reaction score
Bump for height adj. tutorial video while on car.. B-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

magicman1215

Reaction score
I've had my type two's for over a year and I'm just now getting them installed. Now, if only this thread didn't have so many conflicting answers I would know how to adjust them too, lol. Ken sold me mine so I guess I'll listen to him....

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Easy..

Loosen the single bottom collar and use that collar as a measure by raising that to however much you want to lower your car. Then place the wrench on the very top collar and just twist it clockwise until the bottom collar meets the bottom mount again. All that does is it rotates the threaded body into the bottom mount. No need to loosen the top two collars or disconnect the lower mount from the fork.

Last edited:

magicman1215

Reaction score
They aren't even installed yet. Tomorrow once I actually take a look at them I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm just freaking out, because they're being install tomorrow and I've never dealt with coilovers or lowering a car before...:dumb:

Bax

Reaction score
I just loosened the bottom collar, loosened the bolt on the fork, then spun the buttom red part by hand. :ugh: So much quicker.

Drew707

Reaction score
google'd
hope this helps.
at first i was adjust the top 2 collars and lowering the spring down. ride was horrible. so i put those back up and snuggly tightened and adjusted the bottom part instead. rides so much better.
technical-01.jpg

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
google'd
hope this helps.
at first i was adjust the top 2 collars and lowering the spring down. ride was horrible. so i put those back up and snuggly tightened and adjusted the bottom part instead. rides so much better.
technical-01.jpg

Its all right here in simple English words....
This is directly from the directions I got from F2 autolife.
1. First tighten the two locking collars under the spring with the provided wrenches. One holds the spring perch, which is located directly under the spring. The other wrench tightens the locking collar in place. Locking these two collars together allows the spring and shock body to rotate as one with the lower mount. This is important as it allows you to lower the vehicle while retaining full stroke of the shock.
2. Next untighten the gold locking collar above the lower perch.
3. By inserting the wrench inside the locking collar notch, and spinning them clockwise ( to lower the car) , or counter clockwise (to raise the car). The entire shock assembly, including the spring, should rotate inside the lower mount. This is how you raise or lower the shocks position in the shock mount, thus raising or lowering the car's height.
4. Once you have adjusted suspension to desired height, lock the gold perch above the shock mount. Double check all four corners to make sure all locking collars are tight and no bolts are loose.

Why is this so confusing. Lowering this way does not alter the pre-load and is exactly how Function and Form recommends lowering your car. End of story.:eusa_wall:

No point in coming up with new ideas when that's how the manufacturer suggests its done.

Back