f23 dohc?

idriveanaccord

Reaction score

akoutmos

Reaction score
yes indeed. There is some work that needs to be done though. This isn't a simple swap. Read all the links i gave you and you should have a good idea of what is required.

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
oh damn thats confusing haha im thinking of just port and polishing my f23 head and shed down .050 for better compression and maybe some forged pistons or id do the "G23" they talk about in your links and do the same stuff, but then i have to say bye bye to smog legal hahah:eusa_doh:

akoutmos

Reaction score
When you start modifying the actual flow of the engine, you leave the realm of what your factory computer can do. If you do up compression and port and polish, you will have to go with a programmable ecu. Then you got to tune the ecu to fully and properly control the engine.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
oh damn thats confusing haha im thinking of just port and polishing my f23 head and shed down .050 for better compression and maybe some forged pistons or id do the "G23" they talk about in your links and do the same stuff, but then i have to say bye bye to smog legal hahah:eusa_doh:

g23 = h23 head + f23 block fyi

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
When you start modifying the actual flow of the engine, you leave the realm of what your factory computer can do. If you do up compression and port and polish, you will have to go with a programmable ecu. Then you got to tune the ecu to fully and properly control the engine.

could i just take it in to a tune shop and get it done cheap because i dont really get electronics at all

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
never tune a car unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing

and find a reputable tuner, someone who has loyal customers and tons of great rapport in the area for their tuning capabilities, that makes all the difference in the world

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
never tune a car unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing

and find a reputable tuner, someone who has loyal customers and tons of great rapport in the area for their tuning capabilities, that makes all the difference in the world

alright thanks would i have to tune if i just port and polished my stock head?

Back