f23 dohc?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i was just looking at your hp and tq numbers and curious why there was a difference.

Shahid has had some major number changes due to tuning, i've got more important things to do than to figure everything out about your set up and your ride, same goes for Nikita, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings but i was just throwing it out there, you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about your knowledge base and I was just curious about why you were making less power. now i know why. if you have a problem with anything i've said PM me and i'll try to clarify it for ya

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
No problems, no bullsh*t. C'mon fellas, I said don't start anything.. It's clear on who holds what position, and inquiries have been sorted out.

</threadjack>
</thread>

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
:Starwars: after that little battle i am pleased to say i learned alot about turbos and tuning i never knew i used to feel i knew quite a bit about cars now i feel like i know nothing ahahah but thats good i loveeee to learn thanks for all you guys helping out...I am currently starting my savings for a turbo kit thinkin i wanna spend around 3gs (if i can) when i get closer ill make a thread asking what i need and good companies to get it from. Yet again thanks fer erything you guys i learned sooooo much although i do have another question... whats the difference between t3 and t40 or whatever it was? thanks

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
T3/T4 is a hybrid turbo made from two different sized (mismatched) housings. Do some research on it on google.

Glad we could help you learn, and feel free to PM me or any of the turbo guys about individual parts you have questions about.

- Nikita

NASOHC

Reaction score
Tuning is not simply a benefit when you up compression and port the head. It is a NECESSITY!!!!!!!!!

yada yda yda... (deleted for space reasons)

So think about the results, if the accord ecu applies roughly 37.8 degrees of advancement and the compression ratio has been increased you will destroy your engine. That's just the effect that your idea will have on ignition. Similar things will also happen in the fuel map, but thats more typing and i don't want to scare people.

I agree with you but for an NA bump compression of 1 point and intake port match - sorry but you're engine will not blow up. If you were boosted, I can see your point while trying to rev over 7000 rpms. All you need to do is run high octane premium.

I recommended using at least a fuel system piggy back to help tune later, but temporarily; the car will run fine without causing any damage. He's not going to race the car at the track - it's a daily driver.

akoutmos

Reaction score
The battle was my bad, took it the wrong way. Sorry guys.

NASOHC, regardless of how he drives it, the ECU will still be applying the wrong amount of fuel and ignition timing throughout the map. Honda tuned the ECU for the stock engine. They didn't plan on higher compression and so the ecu will not compensate.

NASOHC

Reaction score
The battle was my bad, took it the wrong way. Sorry guys.

NASOHC, regardless of how he drives it, the ECU will still be applying the wrong amount of fuel and ignition timing throughout the map. Honda tuned the ECU for the stock engine. They didn't plan on higher compression and so the ecu will not compensate.

Agreeed, but don't scare the guy into his motor blowing up. It'll be ok temporarily until he gets a device he can tune it with. I just thought it was an over statement. No harm.

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
So if i do port and polish and shave off the .050 then id need that piggy back is what i am getting from alll of this is that right? and does the piggy back like mount in my car or like plug fix then unplug?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't need a piggyback for that. I did that years ago, car runs fine. Maybe not as well as it could, but there've been no problems.

Back